mulab crash and bug report

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I'm using the full, latest version of mulab. I super happy with it in general.

Recently, my sessions are crashing, and I presume it's because of the DSK strings plug-in I'm using. For a recent project, the software crashed at least twice each time I worked on it. Typically I can recover my work from a backup file, but today I can't open the auto-generated backup files. Each time I try, mulab says "can't open session".

I have two questions:
1) How can I send along crash/bug reports to the developer?
2) Any idea about how I can recover my sessions?

Many thanks to you all and to the folks who made mulab :)

vlstaples wrote:Recently, my sessions are crashing, and I presume it's because of the DSK strings plug-in I'm using. For a recent project, the software crashed at least twice each time I worked on it.
It's highly recommended to only use VST plugins that are rock solid. If you think DSK strings is not stable, then best to not use it.
Typically I can recover my work from a backup file, but today I can't open the auto-generated backup files. Each time I try, mulab says "can't open session".
When saving a MuSession file, MuLab always first renames the original session file to SessionName.backup. If MuLab crashes during writing SessionName.MuSession file, then the SessionName.MuSession file will most propably be unusable but you can still recover the previous saved version from SessionName.backup. But of course this should be done with care, eventually with an extra backup done by you, so that you will not loose this precious backup when the unusable SessionName.MuSession file is renamed to SessionName.backup the next time you save SessionName.

If both SessionName.MuSession and SessionName.backup can't be opened and you don't have a good backup of them, then i'm afraid you're out of options, unfortunately. Please make sure you properly backup precious files.
How can I send along crash/bug reports to the developer?
Feel free to post them here.

Return to “MUTOOLS”