False decay value

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ADSR Value Decay has false display value .
Maximum desplayed 40s is 4s in real , 10s is 1s .....
Move point .

I double-checked it and things are working fine here. Maybe you have the release speed value set to 10x faster?

release is ok 40s desplayed , but not decay display 40s too but real time is 4 s

Found the problem as i made adrs control on LFO.
Then made an other simple synth with just osc and adsr as volum control.

Why doesnt he display real value . Same for attack.
I dont think people going to use Calc application ....
I see the multiplicator.
Last edited by Braserox on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ok.

Im right now on the module, faster an slower is crossed (the text not the button)

I don't understand what u mean. What do u mean with "faster an slower is crossed (the text not the button)"?

When turning multi to left its slower
but display faster

"Att/Dcy speed"

The module is working right its just a display problem.

Maybe its just a language problem . Fast maybe mean short attack and slow is long .
For me im counting in lenght for time or duration, and speed for Bpm.
Last edited by Braserox on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When eg decay time = 10 secs and Att/Dcy speed = 10x faster then decay must be 1 sec because 1 sec is 10x faster than 10 secs. It works correct here.

Crossed
OK I understand your point of view of fast and slow.
But calculate value would be better , because who want to calculate manualy ?
Last edited by Braserox on Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As i am in modulators
Is there any technical reason why LFO is limited to 25hz ?

If not and would be rise to 1000Hz or 2000Hz . We could use any audio with a LP filter . And we need juste a little audio / modulator convertor to fake crazy FM

Braserox wrote:Is there any technical reason why LFO is limited to 25hz ?
Yes.

Let's see: "Canadian born Tom Grosset has broken the world record for extreme drumming with 1,208 single strokes in 60 seconds." Round that to 1200 in 60 = 20 events in 1 second. Given a low frequency oscillator was originally intended to replace manual control of a parameter, I can't see much over 20 cycles a second being needed... for a while.

To Pljones
Was just a question . Im comming from reall synths

Modulation is not just to make vibrato. Its also made to creat overtones.

Just a little liste . Moog 50Hz , Waldorf up to 2600hz
Doepfer Ms404 5khz

http://www.sequencer.de/specials/fast-L ... sizer.html
http://www.doepfer.de/ms404_e.htm

Think next time your drummer will have a nervous breakdown ;)

mutools wrote:
Braserox wrote:Is there any technical reason why LFO is limited to 25hz ?
Yes.
Hope u don't mind my short answer but want to avoid diving in tech details cause it won't make a difference atm, so lets spare our precious time.
Braserox wrote:If not and would be rise to 1000Hz or 2000Hz . We could use any audio with a LP filter . And we need juste a little audio / modulator convertor to fake crazy FM
Sure, i'm interested in that too as a sound addict. But the modulation system is not constructed to do such audio rate modulations. Doing everything on audio rate would be heavier on CPU. That said, the MUX modular sound engine is an ongoing evolution, so more will be possible step by step, version per version.

Braserox wrote:Was just a question . Im comming from reall synths
Yes, I appreciate that. As the Moog site says:
frequency modulation with LFO1, even in audio range for producing typical FM sounds
FM synthesis isn't the same intent as using an LFO as a replacement for controlling a synth parameter. Where these oscillators are available, they're made available with that specific intent. I'd always be interested in seeing an FM component within MuX but I wouldn't see it as part of the parameter modulation structure but as a specific synthesis environment.

Return to “MUTOOLS”