Hello, trying out the MUX demo, few questions...

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How can I create a green point for modulating a parameter on a VST with one of the internal modulator modules?

Is it possible to set a knob range for a macro control, in addition to the range of the parameter itself?

I'm under the initial impression that these functions can't be done. Is this planned for a future update?
Regardless, really cool software.

Thanks

anisotonic wrote:How can I create a green point for modulating a parameter on a VST with one of the internal modulator modules?
You can't create a green input jack on a VST module but you can use a Parameter Event Generator connected to the VST blue event input and then use the green modulation input of the PEG. That way you can control a VST parameter using a MUX LFO etc.
Is it possible to set a knob range for a macro control, in addition to the range of the parameter itself?
The meta-parameters itself always go full wide. If you want to limit a mapped parameter's range then double-click the meta-parameter (deep modular area), double-click the relevant parameter mapping and set the Minimum-Maximum.

1- Awesome. Really awesome. Now, let's say I have my LFOTool vst which can send automation via midi CC. Can I hook it up to modulate a filter VST that doesn't have midi learn? Is there some sort of module that can translate CC to generate parameter event?

2- Here's an example. A macro knob which controls a high-shelf EQ, and a saturator. The shelf parameter would be full-range on the knob, while the saturator would only modulate from 70% to 100% of the knob range (separately of the parameter's own range). The knob itself is always 0-100 as usual but parameters would have zones on the knob. See what I mean? This would be useful on many levels.

New question: is there a way to automate the global bypass?

Anyway my mind is blown right now, I'm getting this as soon as I can. This is one of the best VSTs I have seen ever, and I will spread the word. It's a bigger upgrade to my Sonar than all of the new features since X1.

How about transparency for the gray backgrounds of your internal modules? It would look cool I think.
Also, how about a drop down menu for your LFO shapes? That's quite a lot of shapes you got there, takes a bit of time to scroll with the arrows.

anisotonic wrote:1- Awesome. Really awesome. Now, let's say I have my LFOTool vst which can send automation via midi CC. Can I hook it up to modulate a filter VST that doesn't have midi learn? Is there some sort of module that can translate CC to generate parameter event?
Sure, even no extra module needed: For that filter VST map that MIDI CC to the filter frequency. So when the MIDI CC events arrive at the VST they will be translated into frequency parameter events.
Mapping a MIDI CC for a specific module can be done via the options button (gear icon) at the top of that module then choose "Map MIDI Controller".
New question: is there a way to automate the global bypass?
No. But if you need an automatable global bypass, use a 2-1 Audio Balancer to vary between dry and wet signal..
Anyway my mind is blown right now, I'm getting this as soon as I can. This is one of the best VSTs I have seen ever, and I will spread the word.
Yes please do! Thx!
Also, how about a drop down menu for your LFO shapes? That's quite a lot of shapes you got there, takes a bit of time to scroll with the arrows.
I'm aware of that and got a note on the wishlist about it.

Oh my god it works, simple as that! This is insane! Thanks! Amazing stuff!

So yeah, what do you think about knob zones? There is a FX Chain plugin host for making macros in Sonar, and I have asked them to implement knob zones for a while but they won't listen to me. They're too busy implementing useless stuff like DSD instead. I believe that such a function, that I have not seen anywhere else, could be a game changer for macro knobs.

Is VST3 support planned?

anisotonic wrote: 2- Here's an example. A macro knob which controls a high-shelf EQ, and a saturator. The shelf parameter would be full-range on the knob, while the saturator would only modulate from 70% to 100% of the knob range (separately of the parameter's own range). The knob itself is always 0-100 as usual but parameters would have zones on the knob. See what I mean? This would be useful on many levels.
No problem at all! I do this all the time.
Here "My Cool Parameter" will lower the EQ gain (reverse!) while the saturation Drive will increase.
Parameter Settings.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, well you see, you have your EQ range from 24 to -24, throughout the whole knob. Same with your saturator, from 10 to 25%, again throughout the whole knob. Well what if you could keep that same 10 to 25 range for your saturator, but apply it only from 70% to 100% of the macro knob rotation? i.e. your saturator would remain at 10% until the macro knob hits 70%, and THEN it would start it's raise towards 25%. Additionally, you'd be able to program the on/off (or the dry/wet) of your saturator module (still on the same macro knob), so that it only activates, at your 10% initial setting, once the knob reaches that 70% mark. Therefore, on the macro knob: from 0 to 69% - no saturation; at 70% - 10% saturation and going up to 100% - 25% saturation. This is only one example like I said but think of the possibilities with such a system. This would be macro knobs on steroids.

This is how I would set this up. Just below the Parameter Map header, there would be tabs. These tabs would be the knob zones. There would be 16 or 32 of them, whatever. Each zone would have it's knob range settings, and it would be the same settings layout as it is now under that.

I see.
You can get into the ballpark, but it's a bit complicated and quite mind bending (Thanks for that challange :) )
It involves quite some modulation mapper and block curves and a bit of math and, well, mind bending.

Can someone help me with my vibrato module? I'm making a poly synth, and I want to add a vibrato module at the end of the signal chain.
I have a Main Amp before the output module. I put a LFO module, tied my event input into it, and made a modmap to send modwheel to the lfo's amp. Then I send my lfo's green output to another modmap, to control the amount of lfo applied to the Main Amp's output from my front panel. However at this point the modmap has complete control of the output. Therefore if the modmap is at zero, I get no audio output at all, whereas what I want is there to be no lfo applied. My vibrato is always at 100% and my knob is controlling volume, basically. What am I doing wrong?

Are you wanting to control just the vibrato with just your MOD WHEEL on your keyboard or do you want to control other things as well ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

I want to have a knob on my front panel that controls how much tremolo (sorry I meant tremolo and not vibrato, got mixed up, which is why I'm modulating my output and not my pitch) is applied to the whole patch, and also have another knob which determines, in parallel to the main tremolo amount, the amount of tremolo on the modwheel.

So let's say my main tremolo knob is set to 60%. My modwheel setting would be set to 80%, and pushing my modwheel to maximum would make the tremolo go to 80%.

But I also need help on a more fundamental level, as my main tremolo knob is controlling my volume entirely, while applying 100% tremolo constantly. There's something simple I'm missing in my routing but I can't figure out what.

Could you post a pic of how its set up
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

yeah a picture of how its set up would be great

Here it is...
TreModuleFP.JPG
Trem.JPG
I tried getting rid of the TreMap, not quite sure why it's there in the first place (my brain is quite fried after wiring up my first full blown synth), but it didn't help.

Ok wait. I rewired it, and now it's like this. I can now hear my sound with the Tremolo Amount at 0, except the tremolo is still applied 100%, even without modwheel.
Trem2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by anisotonic on Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thanks for showing us how it looks and the patching but just one problem you havent show were there routing too

Return to “MUTOOLS”