Bus Behaviour. Solo Defeat anyone?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ALMOST there! Now it seems just like a common "oversight", because you've just been testing it with one source rack and one effect rack.
Try using two source racks, sending into one effects rack!

Then, of course, you might want to go through remaining scenarios to be sure...
(one source sending to two effect racks)
(two source sending to two different effect racks)
(two to the same two effects)
...just the variations, you know, making sure the logic is sound.

Currently if you solo an effects rack, only the "last" source rack keeps playing, when more than one source rack send to it.

Taron wrote:ALMOST there! Now it seems just like a common "oversight", because you've just been testing it with one source rack and one effect rack.
FYI: No i did not. I did test it with multiple racks, in both scenarios: bus and send. But maybe i missed something?
Try using two source racks, sending into one effects rack!
Works fine here: See attached example, solo the reverb rack gives reverb only of both sending racks.
Then, of course, you might want to go through remaining scenarios to be sure...
(one source sending to two effect racks)
(two source sending to two different effect racks)
(two to the same two effects)
...just the variations, you know, making sure the logic is sound.
All works fine as far as i see.
Currently if you solo an effects rack, only the "last" source rack keeps playing, when more than one source rack send to it.
Don't see what you mean. Can you pls post a little project demonstrating what you mean. Thx.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ahaha, I have a vague idea what the problem is: I haven't done a new song, but still have the same project from before going... Hmmm... wonder, if you added some part to the structures that would require some compatibility features.

Ok, found a case where it does not yet work as wanted, see attached project: Soloing the reverb rack does not include the sine reverb. Ok this needs more thinking work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Taron wrote:Ahaha, I have a vague idea what the problem is: I haven't done a new song, but still have the same project from before going... Hmmm... wonder, if you added some part to the structures that would require some compatibility features.
Oops, again i don't understand what you mean, sorry. Is there a compatibility problem? Any more details?

NAH, I got it! I was sending to the send effect after the Pre/Post selector, as I ordinarily do with effects, especially when it's reverbs, actually. Any reason for why you only allow pre for this to work?

The mute function is at the same point as the volume fader.

I see your point about pre/post wrt this solo topic. More thinking work.

Yah, that'll do it. :cry:

But it's a great development already! :hyper:

Just to clarify...

Is the current behaviour that post-fader sends get muted along with the rack they're sending from, if you mute the rack to which the sending rack is routed?

Such that:
A sends pre-fader to B
A sends post-fader to C
A routes to D (possibly along with other racks to form a sub-mix group)

If I mute D, A is muted and C will receive nothing from A. However, B will continue to receive pre-fader send from A.

Is that it?

In the current state, only pre-fader send effects really act as desired, because the mute action for a rack happens before the post-fader section. The new method of soloing effect (send) racks automatically mutes the source rack to the master output, but still gets processed to send to the soloed effect (send) rack.

A sends pre-fader to B
solo B and A will only send signals to B, but not to Master.

A sends post-fader to B
solo B and you'll hear nothing, because A is muted after pre-fader and nothing gets to post nor Master.

It won't be simple to change all this. For now i'll have to keep it as is in M6.4.22, which definitely is an improvement compared to the official M6.4.18 release version. I planned to work on the rack system anyway, will see if i can further improve solo-ing too.

I totally think there's no pressure there and this is definitely workable. Since send effects- at least to me- appear to do pretty much what post-fader was meant to be good for, everything seems totally ok for now.
:tu:

Return to “MUTOOLS”