mux patches

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is? I haven't dealt with messiah in a while and kind of jumped off the bandwagon some years ago. I still did all my 3d vfx projects with it, but I'm taking a massive break from it for a few months already, hoping to totally shift my focus away from vfx projects and instead go for programming Verve and making music. :)
It makes me much happier and I feel like I'm far more useful for everyone that way.

But thanks, of course! Way to cheer me up! :D :hug:

Well, not everyone can channel their creative energies in multiple directions.
For those that can, I think its only natural to explore all that's open to you.
In my experience, the core artist can only benefit from such pursuits.

-Cheers

Taron wrote:Anyway...I'm disappointed that my excitement ran straight into a solitary pillar of dismissal.
I'm not sure if that's the right analysis. You're really fast, Taron, and not everyone can/want to live at that same fast pace.
I was too excited to have more patience
Are you sure you're not a bit impatient? That combined with not being a high traffic forum might already explain quite a bit. And not everyone here needs new patches. So even from the users passing by here only a part of them will have a look at new modular creations. That's not personal, that's just realism.
For as long as I can, I absolutely love help pushing it!
I really hope so.
So...keep it together guys, think forward, think human frailty and know you're in a small group and you'll have to do better together to make it grow!
True!

Zexila wrote:Okay so in psytrance scene, where DIY sound design is a must and pretty much weird is great, minority of people use modular's or find messing around with it to be fruitful, some did, sold everything, returned to synths, some came back to hybrid setups, some went modular and sold their bed's, don't make music that much, but what I'm trying to say is, modular's are least interesting things even sound design enthusiasts want, not your usual supersaw guy.

Second, there's not much people that need new DAW and are in same time into sound design and messing around, yet modular's and patching cables, so that could be another reason too.
Interesting feedback/view. Thx.

Well i hope i'm making the right choice now to improve the MUX front panel system. Cause that's the bridge between users who love swimming in the deep modular sea, and users who just want to use and quickly tweak preset sounds and effect patches.

bibz1st wrote:Wow, some strong emotion in this thread.
There was another post in another thread about people not giving thanks when Muxs' were uploaded.
Dont let the lack of responses get to you, I'm sure everyone who sees these things you are making appreciate them even if they dont say so, maybe they should.
Yes and sometimes it simply takes time for others to discover presets. That's why we need a central place.

Oh and again: It also helps to add an audio preview to a patch. That simply is a fun and practical hook.

Would it be a good idea to post projects, MUX presets and MuClips on MuTools' fb wall?
(not meant as the central place, but just to increase exposure)

mutools wrote:
Well i hope i'm making the right choice now to improve the MUX front panel system. Cause that's the bridge between users who love swimming in the deep modular sea, and users who just want to use and quickly tweak preset sounds and effect patches.
New to MUX, myself, and I'm loving it. Anything that improves its usability/scalability, would be appreciated I'm sure. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

mutools wrote:Yes and sometimes it simply takes time for others to discover presets.
Yes & it takes time to properly explore presets, particularly when its a verb like tightroom with both depth and personality-- even humour! So many verbs map feedback to the physics of a room, but tightroom goes thru the walls into an alien dimension! A prodigious programming feat-- the mux is itself a thing of beauty. :clap:
Last edited by Michael L on Sun May 10, 2015 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Hmmm. that whole Facebook thing...not a big fan myself but if it helps.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

AH, a sign of real vibrance in a forum, when but a brief squeeze gets people to come rushing to aid! That's awesome! :tu:

Thank you all! :hug:

And, Jo, when I said "I'm too excited to be patient" that means "I'm so excited, that it makes me impatient!", feels like that might've gotten lost in translation. It's exactly what I mean: I'm impatient! :)

But this "impatience" would've survived it well, if the only thought that broke it hadn't been...well...let's call it water under the bridge. I really don't want to hack into him any more, especially because he's really showing a great spirit and it's here and there rocky to get a sense on how to deal with artists like me... explosive bunch! :scared: :roll:

But I'd like to clarify a tiny bit:
It's not about "giving thanks" as much as I think that that's most ideal, if reasons are given, motivating the "patcher". :clap: :hyper:
It's about choosing the nature of feedback, if any is given, to support momentum.

I really, really don't want to be a prima donna here, while I kind of behave that way :ud: , but I'd love to help shake a little more action into this community. And I will do my best to follow my own advice and check out what you guys are doing. Thus far I only saw the ingenious NoteControlledEffectGate, which I luckily tried out as it is quite cool, and bibz' deep patches, which unfortunately never received their own thread right here, but somehow lingered buried inside my thread. I found them honestly beautiful and inspiring, but I think I mentioned that.

Upshot: If you have something you're excited about and you'd be willing to share it here, go for it! It's inspiring to guests, too, as they browse by, seeing more than just Feature Requests or complaints, you know. Productive activity is contagious- at the very least to me, that's for sure!

Also, this forum deals surprisingly awesome with soundcloud postings, so...if you've made any track with mulab, I think you should totally post it here. Either make yourself an "album" thread or something of that kind and allow people to browse through your work. It doesn't have to be perfect, otherwise I'd be in deep trouble, but it's so easy and fun just to start up a track.

Hmmm...that gives me an idea, if you guys were willing to contribute to it, of course.
"Pure Mulab" - a thread where people post their pure MuLab music from soundcloud, and ideally with a link to the MuProject file, but not by necessity. I think that would totally rock! 8-)

Any tunes I make at the moment (which isnt many unfortunately) are done using just Mulab/Mux unless its for the OSC which obviously dictates which synth to use, I cant see a need for any other at the moment personally, Mux has everything I want for now.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Sweet!!! Well, please, start a thread for your patches here! I'll see that I start the "pure Mulab" thread, unless somebody beats me to it, of course.

Hmm, ahm, is it ok, if I ask what you mean by OSC? :oops:

Like I said elsewhere (earlier here?), posting in the MuTools forum will, clearly, not provide any exposure outside the MuTools community. It's very, very useful to post in the general forums (Effects, Soundware, Instruments, whichever) when you have something to share, along with an example of its use that will attract people - make them go "Hey, that's something I can use". Particularly with MuX patches, you're almost able to sell product for Jo by doing this.

In an ideal world, a YouTube video showing MuLab and/or MuX being used with your patch would probably go even further but that's a lot of work (and I've no idea how I'd do it, so I'm never going to propose it for others :hihi: ).

I've not yet had time to look at the finished work here, as it's been unclear what's done and what's not done - it's moving a bit fast for me to keep up (even reading several time a day). Having one thread per "thing" (effect, etc) might help - it's no problem to have separate threads on separate subjects (it's what the "subject" line is for ;)). At least then it'd be easier to spot a post saying "OK, that seems done" and know any new posts were possible updates to what you'd downloaded rather than being about something completely different (or not, and having to decipher that, which takes time for every reader of the thread, which adds up...).
Taron wrote:Sweet!!! Well, please, start a thread for your patches here! I'll see that I start the "pure Mulab" thread, unless somebody beats me to it, of course.
As above, please - it's easier to follow a forum with one thread per subject rather than some mammoth evolving thread that moves around for ages covering lots of different things at once.
Taron wrote:Hmm, ahm, is it ok, if I ask what you mean by OSC? :oops:
Outside the MuTools forum are others, including the Instruments forum where a lot of people go to look for new sounds. It's a great place to post patches containing instruments for MuX, in fact. In that forum there is a regular competition to create an entire composition using a single synth - the One Synth Challenge (OSC).

Oh cool, I had no idea about the challenge, that sounds fun!!! :D ...I'll have a look. 8-)

Yeah, you're certainly right about posting in other forums, but at the end you want people to get to the dedicated forum and there should be a visible reason to join in, you know! This is where we communicate, where Jo can participate without having to bounce around, seeing what other fires may have to be put out or which spark could ignite a conversation where he could help making it more interesting and so on.

So, yeah, go ahead, post some good stuff everywhere, but don't abandon this place or use it only to complain, you know. This forum should radiate action and engagement, if you asked me! ;)

Oh, I still didn't do the soundware post for some reason, but I was planning to...hmmm... I did post my mux set 01 in the kvr patches section, though.

Off Topic:
I finally popped the cherry of my good old Korg M1, disconnected the broken modulation stick (it must be the potentiometers, because everything else looks just fine!?)...so now I can at least play without it doing the poltergeist modulation, hahaha.... that was freaky, really! :scared:

Taron wrote:so now I can at least play without it doing the poltergeist modulation, hahaha.... that was freaky, really! :scared:
And if you would want it back i think you can do that with a fast Wobble Generator ;)

mutools wrote: Interesting feedback/view. Thx.

Yes, that would make quite a difference, there's enough example's of people who bought synth for presets and than just tweak a little or none, but they know they could on long run, instead of getting rompler, so in that same way, getting modular so you can explore it on long run, but can use just the way you wanted right now is really great, so get most out of MuSynth, I really dig that one, if you push it good, some folks could just get MuX for it alone and knowing they didn't bought just synth, but way way more, will make it worth every penny.

If you want to attract current crowd, you need to have current presets, classic vintage stuff is nice, but not many of them use that in their tracks, but supersaws, plucks, huge basslines, that's kind of stuff could spark their interest, same as few demo projects and tracks featured in some update video or something.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Return to “MUTOOLS”