First semi-finished Mux effect: Note Controlled Effect Gate (v4 uploaded, audio demo available )

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MuLab Plugin

Anyone. It's just easy and fun to have an instant audio preview of a new patch. Just a suggestion ;)

Yet another version uploaded... Now the proper note events are also send to each rack. Great when putting an envelope controlled filter in a rack!
mutools wrote:Please add a sound example here ;)
I can see what I can do... My sound cloud account I only use for One Synth Challenges now but can try and upload to hearthis.at.
Taron wrote:That is a positively wicked idea, mehum! :hyper:
It's quite impressive what happens, if you put some big reverbs on those, filter and pan them differently and you can totally add massive events to a harmless track! So fun! 8-)

Very, very interesting indeed!!! :phones:

Thanks for putting in all the work, too, really. Looks very neat! :tu:
It has to be the first effect in a rack, though, I noticed. Just a curious little accident, because I added it to an already existing send effect and it wouldn't work. Swapping it out worked then made it work again.
I'm really glad you find it useful! It's exactly that kind of texture enhancing effects I intended it for, although in combination with some less subtle staccato effects of course :)

Since I'm not a MuLabs user I'm not aware of what quirks you might encounter there. My guess though is that modules that sends Events right through will be possible to put before the NCEG.

Now that sounds like a fascinating story...Oooohhh, you're only a mux user?! That's interesting!
Yeah, I suppose most effects don't consider letting events pass through consciously/deliberately. I'm amazed that they'd block them in the first place, but well... this could get confusing for sure, though.
The most entertaining thing was, that the other effect (giant hall) was muted! In my books that really takes it off the pipeline for the time being, yet... :shrug:

mehum wrote:I can see what I can do... My sound cloud account I only use for One Synth Challenges now but can try and upload to hearthis.at.
Or attach it to your kvr post.

Taron wrote:Now that sounds like a fascinating story...Oooohhh, you're only a mux user?! That's interesting!
Haha, yeah, I guess it's not so common. I'm happy with Reaper so have not much interest in another DAW but MUX is great! Some quirks with using it in Reaper also, mostly with window handling, but generally works really good.
Taron wrote: Yeah, I suppose most effects don't consider letting events pass through consciously/deliberately. I'm amazed that they'd block them in the first place, but well... this could get confusing for sure, though.
The most entertaining thing was, that the other effect (giant hall) was muted! In my books that really takes it off the pipeline for the time being, yet... :shrug:
This sounds a bit peculiar... It's not really common for effects to use both MIDI and Audio so some workarounds seem to always be necessary. Same with Reaper although I found a very simple way there.
There should perhaps be a "best practices" for MUX effect modules to always let events go straight through them.
mutools wrote:Or attach it to your kvr post.
Is that possible? There seemed to be some kind of size cap on attachments but I'm not sure.

However, I did upload to https://hearthis.at/MWThygBP/ncegdemo1/
The good thing is that, similar to SC, I can add comments at certain times to explain a bit about what is happening...

Lovely how the drums get in!
(mmm, demo project?! ;) )

mutools wrote:,Lovely how the drums get in!
Thanks! The result of very quick editing :)
mutools wrote:(mmm, demo project?! ;) )
Not sure what you mean...?
I just made this from the project I use to develop and test the gate and delay effects. I might make it into a full track later...

mehum wrote:
I just made this from the project I use to develop and test the gate and delay effects. I might make it into a full track later...
Sorry for the late reply. What i meant was: It's a nice sounding little track and it's always nice to have demo tracks for MuLab so they can help spreading the good vibes about MuLab and MUX Modular. So maybe you can further let grow that little track in a full MuLab demo track and share the MuLab project? Just an idea.

mutools wrote:
mehum wrote:
Sorry for the late reply. What i meant was: It's a nice sounding little track and it's always nice to have demo tracks for MuLab so they can help spreading the good vibes about MuLab and MUX Modular. So maybe you can further let grow that little track in a full MuLab demo track and share the MuLab project? Just an idea.
Ah, now I get it!
I did not, however, make this in MuLab :)
Just Mux vst in Reaper.
I can, however, perhaps make a longer track using Mux as only sound source... Currently I'm preoccupied with the One synth challenge though.

Very cool! I haven't been here in a bit, and now this. Mulab has much potential. Off to try, thanks man---
Edit: Just got done Muxing about and wow. The amount of sonic variety
I got from a basic 1 bar snare-kick loop with just two separate fx racks was plenty. Anyone ever done this before? A great permanent tool. I salute you!

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:Very cool! I haven't been here in a bit, and now this. Mulab has much potential. Off to try, thanks man---
Edit: Just got done Muxing about and wow. The amount of sonic variety
I got from a basic 1 bar snare-kick loop with just two separate fx racks was plenty. Anyone ever done this before? A great permanent tool. I salute you!
Thanks, I'm real glad you find it useful and fun to work with! :)

I've seen somewhat similar effects, trance gates with integrated effects, but the flexibility you get with the Mux racks are hard to beat.

Return to “MUTOOLS”