Mulab & Mux won't install any VST's

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there

I purchased Mulab & Mux today. I also recently purchased Arturia Analog Lab & Spark Drum Machine.

Mulab has scanned my VST folders and won't install anything other than MUX. It reports as ignoring everything else.

At the time of writing I have the initial user keys but not the permanent keys if that makes any difference.

I have Win 7 64bit and Soundblaster Z card.

Any help appreciated.

H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Which version of MuLab are you using - 32bit or 64bit? Are the VSTs 32bit or 64bit?

Hi there.

I'm using 64 bit Mulab & Mux, installed on my WIN 7 PC, on a partition on the main C drive. The two Arturia VST's work with either 32 or 64 bit.

Most of my other VST's will be 32 bit as I've had them for some time and they were installed originally on my other PC running XP.

I have tried loading the new Arturia VST's into my ageing Orion Platinum installed on the WIN 7 PC but only Spark will load up (plus the other, older VST's that I have transferred to the WIN 7 PC load too).

I will contact Arturia support today also.

Note that you cannot load 32 bit plugins in a 64 bit host. If you're running MuLab 64 bit you must use 64 bit plugins. That's how OSX and Windows work. More info on http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/us ... ugins.html

Thank you.

Is it possible to install the 32 bit version or will I need to purchase separate keys for that?

Yes you can install the 32 bit version, no you don't need a separate key for that.

Thank you very much for your help with this.

I've installed the 32-bit version and all is fine now.

Just in case, because I run 64bit, which is really necessary, if you make bigger compositions with more instruments (aka orchestral pieces, for example), you can use JBridge to patch your 32bit vsts into 64bit versions. Not all of them may work properly, but great many do.

Just a little FYI! ;)

Return to “MUTOOLS”