CUTE experiment! (multi envelope)

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, I didn't want to hijack another thread, but I still can't resist to post this, because it's so cute and happy...

I've played around with multi envelope and Set Value Grid (12) to alter pitch and index of a simple sound. It made a silly little melody and I just started painting a bit of music... :hihi: :phones:

It's nothing really special, but it makes me think of all the cute or fascinating things we could do with a single track and a single sound just by using a bit of funky modding...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fun :)

Yeah, I thought so, too! :)

The way it gradually develops, its great to mess around with. I pitched it down an octave, transposed up 6, changed the wave index to 50, and it brought out new qualities in the MFO. I particularly like the multi-point envelope! Very nice (but I am a fan of your music-- sometimes I let your playlist run in the background).
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

:oops: Uh, that's ...thank you, Mike! :hug:
In Mulab there are already so many things to discover. It's almost like: the more you know, the more you have to learn! :hyper:
It's big fun to start playing around with pitch loops, especially when they're tied to more than just pitch.

I'm so addicted to the MultiForm Oscillators now, I can't have a pitch without and index shift. Here and there it can lead to some unwanted crackles, though, which is something that could get addressed, I'm sure. I think, I'm just relentless in hooking things together that challenge architecture a bit.

The other thing I noticed a while ago in regards to crackles (duty cycle offsets), is when an LFO has >start and >end blending times, changing frequency or amplitude leads to wicked crackles... I first thought the sound was distorting, but then I noticed that problem.

It's all stuff that just has to be discovered and then it should be "fixable", even if it will cost a bit more processing time due to some extra checks. :shrug:

Thanks again, man, you're making my day here! :)
OH, ANd don't hold back to post your version here, too, I'd love to hear it! It's all fun! :hyper:

Taron if you think there is a sonic bug ("crackles") in the MFO pls post/email a MUX patch that demonstrates this. Thx.

:lol: I should call that example "grackle"! :lol:

Anyway, here's a little example for crackles, particularly in the start fade-in of the lfo, if frequency gets modified during that phase. Same goes for the fade-out, of course...I...eh...just didn't put that in, but it's the same issue.

There is even still some minor crackling going on when the lfo is had reached full swing, but I'm sure the trouble is mostly related to the potentially unaware interaction of automatic fade-in and -out against custom recorded adjustments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Here's the pitch+index crackle...

A constant modulator drives both pitch and index of a multiform oscillator. Record an automation for the value of the constant modulator and you'll get crackles.

This crackle is the more troubling to me, because this combination really sets MUX apart from other virtual instruments. You can achieve a much more organic sound that way, even simulate natural sounds far more convincing than with any other vi I've worked with thus far.

What would really bring this one home to be a top competitor was, if portamento could be used in the same fashion. In a way it would seem most ideal, if it was its own module, allowing to link frequencies the way notes are currently linkable. It should also be able to blend between velocities, though, because that is really missing, no matter what.

But...one thing at a time, of course! 8)

About crackle prob 1: Confirmed, and fixed in the next version.

About crackle prob 2: I opened the project but i'm not immediately hearing something wrong. Do i have to do something extra (record?). If yes can you pls update the project so it includes everything to repeat the crackle so that i can hear it upon loading the project. Thx.

When the pitch goes up and down, you do not hear crackles? :o

Ok, here's a more obvious example.

The first halve shows crackles as pitch and index are being modulated by automation lane.
The second halve is a confirmation that a modulated index alone would not crackle!

Ok, thx. Improved in the next version.

:hyper: :party: :love: :clap:
..yes, I do like these emoticons A LOT! :hug:

Taron, have you seen this http://emoji.ink/
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

:lol: No I have not, hahaha...what an idea. :D
A bit cheesy, though... somehow I prefer the classic mini style like on here.

Return to “MUTOOLS”