How to see a preset or user sound in Rack

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to make a function what opens a folder of a preset rack sound /user rack sound and the same for the mux too.
Example i studied a example in Mulab: One4all .. with a a name for sound in the rack..Empty Synth
Is this a preset or user sound ? ..double clicking on it leads to the MUX..then it is no rack preset/user sound anymore..or is MUX preset not a sound.
In the mux it seems to be a Preset file name.

Ahahaha, damned...sorry. Especially on small examples, I often just make a new synth instrument from scratch without giving it a proper name. That's why it says "empty synth..."

The weird thing with MUX instruments is, that the MUX itself IS the "preset". If you change any of the values and want to save it, you actually save a whole new MUX, rather than a preset of values for a MUX. It's a little strange and seems radical, but they are small enough so that it's ok for me.

Just watch out for the three file operation icons for load, save and save as. You always want to use "save as..." if you've made a new sound, otherwise you will overwrite the existing preset, you know... although this might just happen to you once, haha. Like to me...but there's no big loss. It's so easy and fun to make MUX instruments and only once you understand what you're doing, those MUX instruments well get serious. Before then...eh...just experiments.

Anyway, thank you for reminding me to name stuff in my examples properly. It's not always easy to understand for a new user, naturally. I'll keep that in mind! :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”