Sample & Hold

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was always looking for a sample & hold in Mulab and having some in hardware made me longing even more.
Elsewhere we were talking about curves and I came up with the following setup:
S&H Modulation.jpg
It's a wobble generator to get some unpredictability. Now the trick is to use the block wave as curve in the wobble generator.
This holds the 'sample'.
Set the min and max wobble freq high to get changes often and low to get more rare changes in the S&H output.

I add a modulation mapper with a 50%/50% setting to get the output positive only, for use as wave index or filter freq mod.

Works like a charm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thanks , this is really useful :tu:

hello, Andreas,
AndreasD wrote:sample hold in mulab
works like a charm
thanks for this! :tu:

you were faster with this than me, faster than all my thoughts about it (nothing to wonder, considering the state of the things here at the present). :lol:

will post my take on it (needs simplification) when ready (needs more time). :ud:

thanks for it again, all the best...

Try the [Note to Modulation Converter]! It has a Random function, which does an absolute Sample&Hold. ;) ...naturally it keeps holding the "sample" as long as you hold your key down.

Other approaches can be achieved with various curve manipulations, of course.
If you use the LFO at a low speed, you can literally design your "randomness" in the curve itself, too. Combined with a wobbler on frequency it gets pretty authentic. :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”