Question regarding front panel buttons/switches from a new Mux user

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

I decided to grab a copy of Mux and play around with it. I decided to start learning by creating a simple three voice subtractive polysynth. This was no problem for me to set up in an evening (without a front panel design).

I am trying to jazz it up a bit now.

Is it possible to create switch or button elements on the front panel similar to the buttons on MuSynth? I have read through the module descriptions and don't see something like them. I also downloaded a few of the patches posted further back in time in this forum and tried searching around but did not come up with anything other than a way to disable/enable a module via the front panel. If such a thing is available to us users, would you please point me in the right direction? If it is not possible to do this then would someone also please let me know? Perhaps MuSynth is locked for editing because it has some special modules/code in it?

Thanks very much!
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Sorry, no real buttons or switches.

If you drag a module from the editor onto the front panel, these boxes can have an on/off switch, which i sometimes use.
I can not propose to use this to on/off VSTs in real time!

Thank you for letting me know.

Oh well.
Gribs

There are ways and means to achieve most things in a mux.

If you drag a top level module onto the front panel then there is an on off switch incorporated. Another way is to use a very very short slider to turn the gain on an audio module to full on or to full off.

Trial and error goes a long way :)
Last edited by focusrite on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gribs wrote:Is it possible to create switch or button elements on the front panel similar to the buttons on MuSynth?
No, not yet. May be added in a next step forward in the MUX front panel evolution.
Perhaps MuSynth is locked for editing because it has some special modules/code in it?
Indeed.

mutools wrote:
Gribs wrote:
Perhaps MuSynth is locked for editing because it has some special modules/code in it?
Indeed.
LOL, no worries :)

I am having lots of fun with this - it was a great buy!
Gribs

Gribs wrote:I am having lots of fun with this - it was a great buy!
Cheers! Pls spread the news and help making MuLab and MUX Modular more known!

Return to “MUTOOLS”