MULab: easy way to slow down audio, record live midi accomp, and restore all to original tempo?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, sorry to bother. What I want to do is summarized in the title of this post. I have an audio track which in this case is 100 bpm. I want to accompany it on a keyboard, but I'm not so good, so I need to slow it down so I can keep up. (I don't want to step record in this case, as it would take a long time and not be nearly as fun / effective as when I play in real time.)

If this were a midi-only project, i.e if both the track I'm accompanying and the accompaniment are midi, I'd know what to do – just change the project tempo to, say, 75 bpm, record myself at the new tempo, then restore the original tempo of 100 bpm, and we're done -- both midi tracks will play at 100 bpm and be in sync.

Similarly, in my old DAW, Acid, I can easily do what I want when audio is involved. That is, I can set up a new project with a tempo of 100 bpm; import my audio file as a “beatmapped” clip; set the project tempo to 75 bpm; record the midi; restore the project tempo to 100 bpm; and again, I'm good to go, as both audio and midi are re-tempoed correctly and in-sync. I don't want t use Acid, however, as it cannot loop record, is 32 bit only, and is pretty crashy on my PC.

Is there an easy way to do this in MULab? It is a pretty critical task for me.

I'd be grateful for any advice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

If the audio track is a drum track you could slice it up and use a sequence + multisampler to play the slices, that way you can slow down the tempo. Else if the audio cannot be sliced properly then what about creating a timestretched copy of it in another app and use that slow copy to do your recording, then mute/remove it when done. Just an idea.

Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Return to “MUTOOLS”