MuLab 7.2.24

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zxant wrote: 
Best Wishes to Jo and all Mulab/Mux users. :hug:
To a bright and shining future. Cheers! :)
Thanks zxant!
My best wishes to you and all MuLab/MUX users too :tu:
Have a wonderful creative healthy happy and fun 2017!! :)

Nychthemeron wrote: Oh. While trying to recreate it I narrowed it down to something more general actually:
*insert any preset/device/module into a rack slot
*cut the preset/device/module
*insert a new mux module into the SAME rack slot
*paste the previously cut preset/device/module into that mux modular area
*delete the mux module from the rack slot
*undo twice
*crash
Thx! Yes i can repeat this one. The reason i couldn't repeat it before is cause i thought i had to delete the rack but it's when deleting the rack slot plugin. Ok, will research & fix it.
should I still mail you the rapport?
Not necessary anymore, thx.

Pfhaha damn, sorry that took me a while to figure out :lol: happy newyear man

There are new MuLab 7.2.22 packages in http://www.mutools.com/galaxa/

What's new:
  • Support for "New.MuRack" preset file: Whenever you create a new rack, then the "New.MuRack" preset file will automatically be loaded if it exists.
  • Fixed a crash bug when cutting a plug-in module from a rack, insert it in a new MUX in that rack slot, then undo both steps.
  • Event Delay module: When using heavy randomization on short note events, that could lead to hanging notes. Fixed.
  • Inserting a new module into a rack now is an undoable step.
  • When having deleted a Send from a rack and undoing that, the Send's connections were not restored. Fixed.
How to install:

Windows: Put the new .exe and .id files into an existing M7.2 installation folder.
Mac: Put the new .app file into an existing M7.2 installation folder.

Just experienced an issue in 7.2.19:
On top of the VST-editor there is this "focussed-vst-parameter"-button. Now, if you click "edit", it shows the current value of the assigned controller. But to change the value you may not simply edit it, but have to enter controller-percentage instead of the actual value.

Yippee ki yay. Thanks Jo, swiftly as ever :tu:

Oh and I have one more gripe concerning something graphic. In the composer when you look at the different midi sequences (on the same track) the midi notes seem to be centered between top and bottom, relative to the amount of content in the sequence. Wouldn't it make more sense or give a better overview if the same notes automatically aligned?

Here's an example: the notes in the first sequence are the same as the bottom ones in the second, third and fourth sequence but they seem to be drawn apart and give a somewhat wrongful representation of the composition. Again, no biggie :wink: just a suggestion and definitely not a priority.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nenneb wrote:Just experienced an issue in 7.2.19:
On top of the VST-editor there is this "focussed-vst-parameter"-button. Now, if you click "edit", it shows the current value of the assigned controller. But to change the value you may not simply edit it, but have to enter controller-percentage instead of the actual value.
Indeed there is no way that a VST 2 plugin can translate an input value in its own format into the necessary percentage value. So you need to enter a percentage value there. I agree it's a bit confusing that the popup is filled with the current value in VST format, but don't see an immediate/easy solution for that.

Nychthemeron wrote:In the composer when you look at the different midi sequences (on the same track) the midi notes seem to be centered between top and bottom, relative to the amount of content in the sequence. Wouldn't it make more sense or give a better overview if the same notes automatically aligned?
Here's an example: the notes in the first sequence are the same as the bottom ones in the second, third and fourth sequence but they seem to be drawn apart and give a somewhat wrongful representation of the composition. Again, no biggie :wink: just a suggestion and definitely not a priority.
Thx for the suggestion. I would need to think about it, but i'll first work on other things, i have to make choices.

Thanks for the update :tu:

Yeah of course! I understand, as I said this is in no way a priority. Thx for fixing those bugs and crashes so fast

Hey Jo am I supposed to update something other than the app file provided in the link? because at first it worked like a charm but now I just encountered a similar 'undo' crash again and the undo function doesn't seem to work anymore when inserting a new module. I just reinstalled it again to make sure. I'm baffled, because it's not like I changed anything... :?:

But don't worry I'll just avoid undoing in that area for now, you just focus on the more important stuff. I just think it's strange because it worked perfectly.

The granular oscilator sound really good for 1 voice(better than Halion in short loops). But other granular synths can mostly easy create more voices that are diffrent in pan. this give lots fuller sound and the loop points get even more smooth.simular as the layer feature in mu oscilator. do you plan to add such a layer feature in granular osc too ?. i think it is very usefull and make it more easy to create with granular fat sounds.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Nychthemeron wrote:Hey Jo am I supposed to update something other than the app file provided in the link?
On Windows: exe + ID
On Mac: app
because at first it worked like a charm but now I just encountered a similar 'undo' crash again and the undo function doesn't seem to work anymore when inserting a new module. I just reinstalled it again to make sure. I'm baffled, because it's not like I changed anything... :?:
I double-checked the exact same procedure as before, the one that crashes M7.2.21, it does not crash M7.2.22 here, nor on Windows, nor on Mac.
Are you on Windows or Mac? Are you sure using M7.2.22? If yes, what steps do i have to take to repeat the crash?

Now I can't recreate the crash but I dropped a few different filters in the same slot after eachother and then did undo twice and it crashed, stupid of me not to immediatly copy the report I can't recreate it.. so that's not a real issue. Yes I'm on mac and I redownloaded and replaced the the app file twice to make sure, the splash clearly says 7.2.22 upon startup but when I drop a new device in a rack slot (even in a new project) I can't undo it anymore.
I don't understand what happened, the crash happened in project I made in the previous version (7.2.21) could that have anything to do with it?
anyway as I said don't worry about it maybe it will solve itself in the next update it's not a major issue but It's just mind boggling

Return to “MUTOOLS”