2017-composer's wishes

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Jo,
thank you for your great work and (at least for me) inspiring DAW. I just want to ask:
In 2016 Mac-users got a new version and sound-enthusiasts got a new step-sequencer as well as a grain-synth. For 2017 I ask for an update for composers, and my main-wishes are:
1) Logical-selector with the ability to select elements within a bar (e.g. all one's or all three's)
If you enter notes manually they all have same velocity. So make all One's louder, reduce Two's and Four's, add some random-time- and -velocity and it will sound natural easily!
2) Some sort of marker or text-element to note chords. I attach two pics of what I mean: One with the way I can handle it today, but with annoying numbers. And the other one as suggestion of what I mean ... (could also be useful for notes or even lyrics)
I know. both should be on the wishlist already. But please let it come true this year!
Thank you in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nenneb on Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

My wishes for 2017 :

A 365 days' pause in the development.

Phew! Hard to follow the rhythm !...

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

If progression is to intensive for you, BlackWinny, simply focus on the official updates released from time to time. These every-few-days-updates are betas to be tested by interested users. And please accept (and support!), that others may have needs ...

nenneb, when you select notes and R-click to the context menu, in Function> Change Velocity you can Add, Percent, Set, Limit and Random. Does that do what you want?

A composition-related feature I would find useful is a midi buffer. When you improvise on an armed track, the midi is recorded to the clipboard. When you play a phrase you want to keep, you paste the clipboard to the track. Would that be useful to many others?
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

No, Michael L., the point is not how to manipulate the events. That works perfect. Problem is selecting events. Atm I have to click all notes needed manually. I don't work with 1-bar sequences but with 16 or 32 bars, whole refrain for example in one. And if you imagine chords in there, an automatic selection would be really comfortable.

I see, said the blind man 8)
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Isnt that what the Logical Selector is for, I have never used it myself but I'm sure its that you need to look at, maybe wrong of course.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

No, Logical Selector currently isn't what Michael L is after. It does not have a facility to say "select every event at at beat 3.5 in every third bar in every four bar phrase within the selected sequence". That kind of logic would be a very useful addition.

Ah, ok I see, told you I might be wrong :D

Well, you were logically correct -- that's where it should be ;)

nenneb wrote:If progression is to intensive for you, BlackWinny, simply focus on the official updates released from time to time. These every-few-days-updates are betas to be tested by interested users. And please accept (and support!), that others may have needs ...
Eh guy... haven't you seen that I was kidding ?

I have even written my previous post with a lot of humour!

There were even two smileys which were both especially expressive to show that humorous sense of my so surprising reply.

I have a lot of humour, guy, I ALWAYS try to see the life with the most possible of humour! And it doesn't prevent me to be very serious when the time comes to be serious in an activity! My disease will probably shorten my life, so as you can clearly see in my signature I take EACH day and even EACH hour of the days which pass as a benediction, so you will understand the tone of this current reply because the counterpart is that I'm not sympa at all with all the little guys like you who get into a huff (in France we say "take the fly") and get their high horses as soon as their spokespersons surprise them by a kind of voluntary nonsense to make the life a bit less worrying!

What I would very energetically invite you, young guy, is to avoid to take the posts of your spokespersons as craps to piss on! Despite I live in France I have always heard that English spoken people are lovers of nonsenses! My first contribution in this thread was nothing else than that : an amusement with a nonsense!

All the other representatives of this thread know very well my nickname and they all know how much I'm a support to Jo as well as them ! And they also know all very well how I take the life! My signature is even there two recall it permanently!

And as many here, I sometimes take part to the beta tests for Jo, as humbly as everyone here. Since the very beginning of the version 4 and we are now at the version 7 !

You know, you seem very young at KVR, guy. So you probably don't know me. So, put in your head that I'm a long time user of Mulab and MUX and even very regularly one of the most enthusiastic public supports of Jo as several other friends in this thread and in many other Mutools threads!

OK ?
:x
Last edited by BlackWinny on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

pljones wrote:No, Logical Selector currently isn't what Michael L is after. It does not have a facility to say "select every event at at beat 3.5 in every third bar in every four bar phrase within the selected sequence". That kind of logic would be a very useful addition.
That useful idea was actually proposed by the OP, nenneb. I misunderstood him at first. The velocity change could be per-note and/or per-beat. It would nicely complement the wonderful Grid Editor, to more easily enable melodic polyrhythms!
BlackWinny wrote:I ALWAYS try to see the life with the most possible of humour!
Excellent goal! Posts intended to be funny or helpful can both be misinterpreted here in kvr, where speakers of many languages are all writing in Internet English-- but we must try!
Irony is also difficult to communicate.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Keep cool guys, I dont think anyone was meaning any offence to any other. Its too easy for little misunderstandings to spiral out of control very quickly,, deep breaths everyone.. and relax :)

It is too easy to misunderstand the written word when written, and read, in haste.

I read nenneb's post more as a piece of advice than bitchiness. Think maybe you went a little off the rails there blackWinny! ;-) :-)

I don't even see the beta releases as betas, but as essential updates always adding new features, however small, as well as fixing bugs. Jo is so good at his job, thankfully, that there's rarely a problem that doesn't get sorted in a few days at most.

I know we've had our disagreements Jo, but that's life! ;-) You live and learn. Despite those disagreances, I hold no bad feelings. We are all the same, none of us is innocent, however much we may believe so.

Just enjoy making music, I do ;-)

@BlackWinny: Believe me, I do like joking - but not all the time. In this case I opened a thread with a request, that is really important for me, and the first reply was: "Please, no updates". Maybe I could have smiled about this, if I had read it somewhere else. And a little ";-)" had made your intention clear to me. Sorry for misunderstanding. And I hope for support for the thread's topic.

Return to “MUTOOLS”