Youtube and MuLab - Sound and Play Problems

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everybody,
I've been using MuLab for quite some time now and there is only one bug that annoys me :x :x , whenever I start MuLab, YouTube immediately stops working it either has no sound or wont play at all.
Any ideas what I could do? :hyper:

-Noah

That's not a bug.

You must understand that ASIO requires exclusive access to your audio hardware. That's part of the way ASIO works. Without that access, it doesn't work.

If you want to have shared access to your hardware, do not use ASIO.

If you need to use ASIO (eg. audio recording) and you still need to be able to use your audio devices, find an external audio interface with dual driver capability (the Focusrite Scarlett line has done me well).

As pljones said, this isn't a Mulab problem. This is a hardware <-> software interface that has been standard in the audio industry for a while. One of the downsides to professional audio is that you have to actually plan to spend before you can get all the "features" you may want/need. That's why audio interfaces exist in the first place. We could technically use USB for all audio devices but it's not the standard, nor is it as quick as many USB audio interfaces and their drivers. Not to mention, audio interfaces usually allow you to use professional hardware and other modular setups that would otherwise be impossible with a standalone desktop/laptop computer.

If you need help creating a budget and/or figuring out alternatives to this issue that suit your needs, ask around in the Hardware community. There are some pretty smart guys there that can help you sort out what to get in terms of hardware to play nicely with your software (in this case, Mulab).

Hope this helps out a bit,

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Thanks for the Answers!
I already own a scralett 2i2 but that one doesnt have xml In / out , I think i'll either invest in another one ( even though the one i have now costs a fortune and has all kinds of flaws, ranging from random noises, clickings to simply not working, but thats nothing i want to discuss now.) or just put my smartphone next to my laptop.

Thanks again for the quick responses :),
-Noah

Return to “MUTOOLS”