ADSR Attack keeps resetting to zero when using OPX ProII VSTi

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a weird one,
:help: I brought myself the SonicProjects OPX Pro2 VSTi synth. But every time I drop an effect underneath it (any effect) the amplifier ADSR resets the attack to the zero position. Quite frustrating if you're trying to use a soft attack. I'm at the point where I don't want to use the OPX anymore :dog:

Or should I be asking SonicProjects about this problem?

Its the only synth VSTi this has ever happened with.

Any Suggestions anyone?
Aka Midland Synthetics

Insert an Event Monitor between the synth and the MUX effect so you can see the event flow. That may clarify things.

Ok I'll try that, thanks for the tip.
Aka Midland Synthetics

The event list doesn't change when I add the effect but the attack is still going to zero.
the event list shows:-
123: Controller, Chan 1, 123 - All Notes Off, 64.0, BT = 165
that's the last controller message before I dropped the effect underneath.

This event was caused by me turning the ADSR attack to about half way position before I dropped the effect underneath.

Also sets the volume ADSR to zero attack when any effect is deleted from underneath...weird
Last edited by FSM77 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aka Midland Synthetics

Is the effect based on a PolySynth? The All Notes Off event will end all voices.

The ADSR module itself does not react on the All Notes Off event.

I don't get your question...sorry. Can you rephrase that?

However
The OPX is a Polysynth which has built in effects I am not using those.
The all notes off is of no consequence as I haven't made any notes on the grid yet
Aka Midland Synthetics

FSM77 wrote:I don't get your question...sorry. Can you rephrase that?

However
The OPX is a Polysynth which has built in effects I am not using those.
The all notes off is of no consequence as I haven't made any notes on the grid yet
I might try uninstalling and reinstalling the OPX in case of a corruption somewhere. worth a go usually.
Aka Midland Synthetics

FSM77 wrote:I don't get your question...sorry. Can you rephrase that?
Pls see http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/polysynth.html

The OPX is a commercial VSTi

No involvement of the Polysynth module.

I guess the anomaly is down to some sort of coding conflict between Mulab and the OBX VSTi
Aka Midland Synthetics

Ah maybe you mean the ADSR of the OPX itself? (thought you meant a MUX ADSR)
Note that whenever you insert/delete effects in a rack the rack plugins receive a soft reset.
For VSTs that's a 'effMainsChanged Off+On' combi.
Maybe the OPX does something improper on these VST dispatcher calls.
You can forward this info to the VST dev.

Yes I'll do that.

When I get back on the pc later I will try sending the OPX to effects rather than dropping them underneath. Could be a fix.
Aka Midland Synthetics

:phew: SOLVED...This was happening due to a continuous midi controller which I had accidentally assigned to the attack knob. The developer (Peter at SonicProjects) quickly got back to me to solve the issue. And no more problems with the attack knob. Sorry about the headache I must have caused you earlier today mutools - I had no clue what was causing it :oops:
Aka Midland Synthetics

Return to “MUTOOLS”