Modular Feedback Delay DSP & MIDI

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i'm still struggling with supplying MIDI to the DSP module in the Modular Feedback Delay.

Here is a MUX preset, intended for the vstFX version, as demonstration.
MIDI to Modular Feedback Delay (MUX FX).zip
Its design is such that:
  • It receives audio and MIDI note input.
    • Audio is fed into the Modular Feedback Delay.
    • MIDI notes are (intended) to control the pitch of a ring modulator oscillator, in the Modular Feedback Delay's DSP (feedback path).
  • The Modular Feedback Delay's DSP houses another MUX instance.
  • There are Event & Modulator Monitors tapped into the parent MUX and the feedback DSP MUX.
  • The 'Balance' slider at 0% is wholly the feedback chain i'd like to utilize, while at 100% is wholly the ring modulator oscillator. The latter is to enable monitoring of its sound, which should be modulating in pitch, according to MIDI notes supplied to the vstFX.
Confused as the front panel is, it should contain all pertinent elements.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The MFD does not yet support fowarding events towards the included module. It's on the wishlist.

Ah! Thanks admin! i assumed that i was doing something wrong, given that the mapping options were there. It's a relief to know that no matter how i reconfigure the patch, the sought outcome would not be.

I'll do my best to add event forwarding within the MFD but cannot yet say if it's easy to do or not, should research that, but focused on M8 works, which is answering a big FR too: Timestretching.
Flexible Timestretching 8)

8) :love:
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Thanks Admin!!!!! (i think?!)

Revisiting an old project tonight, i found that i had an instance of MUX with MFD and MIDI routings intended for the MFD's DSP. The modulations worked!!!!! Can't remember if it always did, with that particular scenario, ie. with the Multimode Filter module, or whether you added MIDI forwarding to the latest version ( MUX 7.6.8 ).

Giddy with excitement i haven't yet done further testing and rushed to this thread to say thank you. :hyper:

Return to “MUTOOLS”