ESX-8CV vs ESX-4CV

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I recently picked up a second-hand ES-4 and plan on getting one or two cv expanders, but I'm curious about the performance of the 4CV compared to the 8CV.

I see from the product pages that the 4CV outputs run at 1/8 the sample rate, whereas the 8CV outputs run at 1/3 to 1/24 the sample rate – assuming I was using most or all of the outputs simultaneously would I get better performance from a pair of 4CVs rather than one 8CV?

I'm also curious what the motivation for the upgrade was. Purely to have more outputs per HP, coupled with larger LEDs? I've found a few shops that still have the 4CV in stock (and for less $$), so I'm tempted to go that direction, but if there are under the hood improvements, or the performance of the 8CV is generally better I'll pick up one of those.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

assuming I was using most or all of the outputs simultaneously would I get better performance from a pair of 4CVs rather than one 8CV?
Yes.
more outputs per HP
This. Also the 8CV has the jumper for a wider output range. But the D/A conversion is the same in both units.

Great, thanks for clarifying. The wider range on the 8CV is one thing I hadn't noticed, so I'll have to think about whether I'm likely to utilize that.

Appreciate the help!

Return to “Expert Sleepers”