Acrobatics Alieno

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alieno

Acrobat wrote:ATM the only thing I'm quite sure of is that's an Athlon-only issue.
What SSE instructions ( SSE,SSE2,SSE3? ) are you using, could it be that you are using stuff which is not supported by the AMD athlon processors?

edit: the non-SSE version is also not giving me sound, so i guess it's not related to SSE stuff.

XGmode wrote:
Acrobat wrote:ATM the only thing I'm quite sure of is that's an Athlon-only issue.
What SSE instructions ( SSE,SSE2,SSE3? ) are you using, could it be that you are using stuff which is not supported by the AMD athlon processors?

edit: the non-SSE version is also not giving me sound, so i guess it's not related to SSE stuff.
thanksfor your interest, I pm-d you check your KVRmail!

No sound here :? But I still I can see CPU meter goes to 20% or something. So the sound misses my soundcard? :D And I think Alieno uses SSE (not SSE2 or 3) cos it would crash on my machine since my CPU(Athlon) has only SSE. Looking forward to updated ver.

Still doesn't work. Same behaviour. No audio.

lucknow13 wrote:Still doesn't work. Same behaviour. No audio.
Yes, 1.0.2 doesn't address that issue yet, but it has some minor fixes and a new user manual... :)

Ben [KVR] wrote:I've just uploaded 1.0.2.

http://www.kvraudio.com/developer_chall ... .php#dc072
Thanks for the update, Ben!

lucknow13 wrote:Still doesn't work. Same behaviour. No audio.
Acrobat wrote: I have sent version 1.0.2 to KVR, it will be available very soon!
It doesn't address that "no sound" issue still
but has other fixes and a new user manual...
sometimes it's helpful to read before answering :wink:
i know it's hard, but we still have to be patient...

sometimes it's helpful to read before answering :wink:
i know it's hard, but we still have to be patient...
Because you go public...I think the communication it's very slow but it's ok..:)
A.

Mmh.. read this message from 13/9... RunBeerRun solved his issue changing velocity of notes.. and since Alieno has no velocity control... that's very suspect... I'm figuring out it's simply a ZERO VOLUME issue...!!!

I suggest people with the "no sound" issue to tweak velocity on their hosts...i.e. selecting the track sending MIDI to Alieno and boosting velocity to the top value, well, exactly what control it depends on the host, but... maybe that way there's a chance to hear something...just try! :? A.
RunBeerRun wrote:I just recorded a full song with Alieno in Reaper. The only thing different today, is I use NDCMIDI plugin to filter out low velocity notes(I use a Yamaha EZ-AG MIDI guitar that produces unwanted low velocity notes)

well today I loaded it but didn't set it to filter out anything,....anyhow it works fine.

I'm sorry to report that the no sound issue is not athlon-exclusive as I'm experiencing it with a P3 1GHz as well (I tested in eXT and Phrazor)... iirc both AthlonXP and P3 support SSE but not SSE2, while anything above P3/AthlonXP should support SSE2...
I also tried tweaking the velocity but still no sound.
The mind boggles.

Some friends of mine giving a consistent help for the "no sound" issue, so there are good chances to see the plug running on all machines, when I have good news, I'll post! :)

Doing a new bank of sounds in the meantime, it will be available soon!

A.

:)

bk wrote: Actually, it isn't working in Tracktion 3, yet.
I tried the latest version and now I can play one note, then the sound is cut off. If I change patches, I get one more note, then silence again.
update: I've now tried 1.0.2 with Tracktion3 on two additional computers, and it works ok, except for my dedicated DAW. :o On that, it won't work in Tracktion 2 or 3, but does work in Minihost.
What I've heard so far(which isn't much) sounds good!

No problem getting 1.0.2 to work in eXT1.4.1. I do have a problem with dramatic rise in CPU usage when the instrument sits idle for a moment. My work around so far is to not stop playing. Thankfully Alieno sounds really, really good.

btw love the GUI.

Mh, it's strange since after the feedback of delay and reverb are ended, you should have the plugin at very low CPU usage, around 5-10 percent on a fast machine.
Of course CPU usage depends on FX settings.. giving high feedback values lead to more calculations both in Reverb and Delay sections.
And also when setted to 0 Mix value, Reverb, Repeater and Warp are automatically excluded from the audio chain.

A.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”