synthscience Prodigious

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

where is the support thread/dev? :)

thanks for this!

I love it! I just played with the resonance/filter cutoff and... damn! :shock:

This is a Prodigious Synth indeed but at times so is the CPU Hit.

it can bring my dualcore to its' knees begging for mercy
for entertaining porpoises only

no sign of the dev eh?

I really like this one, but indeed tough on the cpu. If it were a bit lighter, I could see this remaining in my plugin folder.

Def could use some mercy on the CPU usage......otherwise it's FANTASTIC!
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

Without wanting to sound like an arse: Are we musicians or sysadmins? It sounds bloody great and that's all that matters to me, I'll adapt my working practices to accomodate it (render, freeze etc. etc.)

I've played terrible old guitars that had trouble staying in tune but had a great sound about them. I worked around the problem, recording songs a section at a time just to capture the vibe.

If it wouldn't run at all due to it's CPU use then fair enough, needs work.

imho. :)

+1 gary. it's more interesting than most free synths to me right now.

GaryG wrote:Without wanting to sound like an arse: Are we musicians or sysadmins? It sounds bloody great and that's all that matters to me, I'll adapt my working practices to accomodate it (render, freeze etc. etc.)
:lol:
perfect!
..what goes around comes around..

Sofar this is my fav DC synth too. Bit amazed that it takes more over 30% cpu on my quad, hope there will be an update some day which fixes this.

TristezaOrange wrote:I love it! I just played with the resonance/filter cutoff and... damn! :shock:
Thanks for your coment, im pleased that it kept your interest - very flattered indeed.. if you came across some patches of your own share it with the crowd..

grymmjack wrote:no sign of the dev eh?
Hi Grym, The dev is alive and well.. i ve opened up a thread in the Dc Chat forum, come by if you want to share your coments..

Jack R wrote:I really like this one, but indeed tough on the cpu. If it were a bit lighter, I could see this remaining in my plugin folder.
Hi there Jack, your Metatron deserves a big full appraisal indeed - way to go.. i ve tried it and really got caught by its tasteful gated modulations and wicked arpegios and in the end i must say it stands out - for obvious reasons and puting the Prodigious apart its is one of my favs by now (still theres a few ones that i havent tried yet)

The Cpu issue on the Prodigious is a reality but its internall architecture has some degree of density that puts the cpu under considerable strain, particulary in the polyphonic mode (though on mono mode is obviously lighter)
Nevertheless this is a condition that is going to require some work to get around and it is reserved to a near future. So far if you happen to like it as i do, punish your cpu some more.. (dont take it much serious..)

If you have further suggestions to make about Prodigious, come by the Prodigious Synthesiser OpenThread.. in the DC Chat forum, where all coments are wellcome..

Barf wrote:Sofar this is my fav DC synth too. Bit amazed that it takes more over 30% cpu on my quad, hope there will be an update some day which fixes this.
Really apreciate your preference, and well the Prodigious has a somewhat appetite for the cpu resources but taking in acount the fast development of computer hardware and performance it shouldnt be a big deal (on a machine like the one you have - Quad core) but on older machines say single or even dual cores yes it may be hard to handle (it was developed and tried in a P4 3.2Ghz - 1gb Ram) - yes the update is on the horizon..

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”