first impressions of the DC12 entrys

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Caco wrote:
brok landers wrote: - martin eastwood
(i would wish for more slots and more fx, but the concept is just great)
What's up with Martin Eastwood? His other plugins are super-hard to find and he doesn't seem to have a true website. Yes, the Flame concept is great but it would be nice to have it working in Windows 7 64-bit because Windows XP usually came with weak CPU and weak memory (good for testing efficiency of VST plugins).

Wolfen666 wrote:I didn't get so much feedback about Inspiration :( It's time for an update ! :D
Hi Wolfen. Haha. I would say you did get a lot of feedback from a certain person. It's possible that a lot of issues were already resolved and so other people couldn't find more issues. In any case I hope you are getting better sleep. :)

harryupbabble wrote:
Caco wrote:
What's up with Martin Eastwood? His other plugins are super-hard to find and he doesn't seem to have a true website. Yes, the Flame concept is great but it would be nice to have it working in Windows 7 64-bit because Windows XP usually came with weak CPU and weak memory (good for testing efficiency of VST plugins).
Sadly my site became a constant target for hackers who kept destroying it and eventually it was blacklisted by Google so for the moment it does not exist. Hopefully at some point it will come back. Considering that the site existed to give away free software I find it rather annoying that people wanted to attack it so often.

Flame seems to have passed by pretty much unnoticed through the DC competition so I was under the impression there was no interest in it. I do have plans for developing it much further though if the idea proves to be of interest to people.

I am using Flame here on two different computers with Windows 7 64-bit so in theory it should work and if not it should be curable. Since I can't reproduce it though it will be tricky to fix. Will investigate though.

Caco wrote:
Sadly my site became a constant target for hackers who kept destroying it and eventually it was blacklisted by Google so for the moment it does not exist. Hopefully at some point it will come back. Considering that the site existed to give away free software I find it rather annoying that people wanted to attack it so often.
That's just evil :o :-o :shock:

Caco wrote:I am using Flame here on two different computers with Windows 7 64-bit so in theory it should work and if not it should be curable. Since I can't reproduce it though it will be tricky to fix. Will investigate though.
Hello again Martin. Sorry about your problems with the nasty hackers. Anyways, I loaded Flame in MiniHost in Windows 7 and it worked but an error message popped up soon after exiting MiniHost. I have a picture and the rest of the error message in text. I again tried to load Flame in Reaper but same negative result. I can also retest Flame in other DAWs in Windows 7 and post the results here but it might be bad etiquette to post space-hogging pictures and such here in this thread even though it's November 29 already. Do you have a support thread? I think your plugin is super-useful and would like to be able to use it in the more powerful Windows 7 computer. Also, my computer's cpu is AMD and not Intel, if that is relevant.

Caco wrote: Sadly my site became a constant target for hackers who kept destroying it and eventually it was blacklisted by Google so for the moment it does not exist. Hopefully at some point it will come back. Considering that the site existed to give away free software I find it rather annoying that people wanted to attack it so often.
"funny how that works". i'm an expert in being destroyed, i'll be your friend. if you want to post a page and some files from my site, it's likely to remain accessible to anyone that knows about it.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

harryupbabble wrote:
Caco wrote:I am using Flame here on two different computers with Windows 7 64-bit so in theory it should work and if not it should be curable. Since I can't reproduce it though it will be tricky to fix. Will investigate though.
Hello again Martin. Sorry about your problems with the nasty hackers. Anyways, I loaded Flame in MiniHost in Windows 7 and it worked but an error message popped up soon after exiting MiniHost. I have a picture and the rest of the error message in text. I again tried to load Flame in Reaper but same negative result. I can also retest Flame in other DAWs in Windows 7 and post the results here but it might be bad etiquette to post space-hogging pictures and such here in this thread even though it's November 29 already. Do you have a support thread? I think your plugin is super-useful and would like to be able to use it in the more powerful Windows 7 computer. Also, my computer's cpu is AMD and not Intel, if that is relevant.
I don't have a support thread as so far nobody has asked for any support :)

I'll pm you my email address then you can send me the pictures directly

xoxos wrote:
Caco wrote: Sadly my site became a constant target for hackers who kept destroying it and eventually it was blacklisted by Google so for the moment it does not exist. Hopefully at some point it will come back. Considering that the site existed to give away free software I find it rather annoying that people wanted to attack it so often.
"funny how that works". i'm an expert in being destroyed, i'll be your friend. if you want to post a page and some files from my site, it's likely to remain accessible to anyone that knows about it.
Thank you xoxos that is very kind :)

Compressive cab currently be found here - http://www.4shared.com/zip/R1eUiq8O/CompressivePro.html

and mverb is here - http://www.4shared.com/zip/w7tpOB0G/MVerb.html

If you could provide a more permanent host for them then that would be fantastic
:D

Caco wrote:Flame seems to have passed by pretty much unnoticed through the DC competition so I was under the impression there was no interest in it. I do have plans for developing it much further though if the idea proves to be of interest to people.
Hi, Martin
No, i like Flame, it is good, with a nice GUI, interesting features, it is a bit like a mini-AD Ronin for free ;)
I am also wishing for more stuff (FX modules, routing, etc) to make it even more powerful and interesting.

Hi Wolfen. Haha. I would say you did get a lot of feedback from a certain person. It's possible that a lot of issues were already resolved and so other people couldn't find more issues.
I agree totally :D
In any case I hope you are getting better sleep.

Oh yes don't worry :wink: Anyway, I'm planning to release the update tonight so :lol:

Caco wrote:
Thanks Niko, if the plugin is popular then I have plans for a v2 that will have both of those :)
hey martin, that's nice to hear! patiently waiting... :-)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

xoxos wrote:
you should investigate further on that, smells bad,
but I understand small companies have limited resources.
wish you better times

brok landers wrote:i must say (i know i'm gonna be beaten for this, why am i doing that?! :)) that i'm actually a little dissapointed from the dc this year. i thought the time is up nowadays for more bootsie ranged quality.
:oops:
follow me on Image

brok landers wrote: i thought the time is up nowadays for more bootsie ranged quality.
But you're still urging people to give their votes to Kamioooka?
None of the really dumb people I knew when I was young are young any more.

Syntilla wrote:
brok landers wrote: i thought the time is up nowadays for more bootsie ranged quality.
But you're still urging people to give their votes to Kamioooka?
i'm urging someone? search your glasses, will ya... i just stated that i love that synth.
just so you know - i love quality... but would you believe i use bitcrushers, etc? there's stuff between 0 and 1...
but... but... mom... it distorts...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”