Azurite Support/Feedback

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, DC is looking pretty nice right now, I'm really glad that I was able to participate this year. If you have any issues, comments, or suggestions for Azurite, my entry, you can post them here.

I have already received a few reports of issues when loading Azurite. Just to let you know what's up, I've been working with several DAWs on three systems, and I have not been able to reproduce these errors yet. I'm going to keep trying and I'll keep you guys updated. But please let me know if you have any information about the errors that could be helpful.

Edit: v1.0.2 has been released which seems to fix the reported problems.

And most of all, thanks to KVR for hosting this contest!

Last edited by Distorque on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thank you for participating. I am looking forward to trying your entry. It looks very cool. If it sounds nearly as good as it looks, you will do well.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

I still can't get Ableton Live 7 on Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit) to scan it and recognize it. This is the one plugin that I really wanted to try first.

Yeah, can't get it loaded here as well in 32bit Podium.

Ok, I managed to find a computer with these issues and I found a fix that works for me. So if Azurite didn't work for you, try downloading it again and let me know if the problem is fixed.

Azurite would not load in Reaper 4.261 but it loaded in MiniHost and FL Studio.

One of my favorite DC12 entries, thanks and good luck! :)
No issues in FL Studio 10 so far (didn't try the latest version yet)

comments:
Dunno why but I seem to like it best on the 2 voices setting. Maybe I need to experiment more with the separation and dry delay parameters in order to like the "thicker" sound.

The color seems to be for the wet only, as expected. but the other tone controls aren't, I don't see any problem but... why is that so?

Really like the extra modulation shapes (incl noise)

Would like to see a HP filter switch or parameter that affects the wet only. (for those times when working with feedback)

Thanks, 3ee! The reason for the difference between the colour and tone controls is that the colour control emulates a BBD analog chorus, where only the wet signal would experience the treble loss and distortion of the BBD, while the treble and bass controls are for global EQ. I will consider a wet bass control for future versions, although I can't add anything while the DC is still going.
harryupbabble wrote:Azurite would not load in Reaper 4.261 but it loaded in MiniHost and FL Studio.
What version of Azurite are you running? I released a fix in v1.0.2 that I believe should fix most of the issues that people were having. You can check in the readme.txt file.

And just a reminder, if you were having issues with Azurite, try downloading the file again to update to v1.0.2 and please let me know whether or not it works.

I downloaded version 1.02. It's working in Reaper now. It's a great plugin. Very usable. Wide range of sounds. I like the Random button at top right. MiniHost can randomize but as far as I know, Reaper can't. Thanks very much.

Working in Live 7 now :) This thing is awesome on guitar. It is going to get a top vote from me. I'd love to see someone make some presets that emulate some of the classic chorus pedals/racks and such. Although this is kind of one of those tweak until you like the sound plugins. The four and eight voice modes sound better with sine wave lfos.

amazingly thick, thanks for this effect!

Yowza. This is one heck of a chorus. Had tons of fun with it the other night. I really like the random button being there :D

One of the better chorus effects...it really can make a phat sound, and there are more adjustable parameters than in other free chorus effects. The random button is useful, too, I got some really crazy effects that I was nearly blown away...:D Thanks for it!

Working great here in reaper64 on win 7 64.
Thank you.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, especially the random button. That was my last-minute 5-day-extension feature, but I think it's loads of fun.

Uproar24 has made demo videos for many of the DC12 effects, including Azurite. He gives a neat look at the plugin's sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oh9Ke4Ys84

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”