Time to get strict.

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK, so at least half the plug-ins have failed the simple bridge test in Cubase 5, 64-bit. One bit the bag so spectaularly that I couldn't remove it until I shut my computer down and restarted it.

Sorry, no second chances.

Bad installs get chucked without trying to troubleshoot them, too. I've installed or "put in" hundreds of plug-ins over the past couple years, so IT IS NOT MY FAULT, PAL.

SODDI wrote:I've installed or "put in" hundreds of plug-ins over the past couple years, so IT IS NOT MY FAULT, PAL.
Could be the fault of the DAW and the OS. I use Windows 7 64-bit and Reaper. All, except Flame, loaded properly. Flame works okay in Windows XP.

Flame was the first that DIED.

Im on Win7 x64 w/ FL Studio and it was pretty breezy for most of em.
I have most of them loaded all at once in a 'testing' track using all DC12 content, and its pretty stable, even with multiple instances of most of em.

Flame loads and seems fine, but does not seem to do anything.
I am still investigating that.
And I cant get the linking thing in Philteroid to work...
ImageImageImageImage

Death List:
Flame
Authomatico - too bad
Orchestral Strings
Poly 2016
Miniseries Grit & Peak
Philteroid
Matrix 8000

Black Mamba - bad directory behaviour
Sifft - would not load samples
Hydra - loaded with no GUI

You need a new host, or something. :hihi:
ImageImageImageImage

Your a hard man SODDI, and you can use whatever criteria you like to make your decisions. Each to his own. No second chance isn't a problem, but personally I feel it isn't in keeping with the 'spirit'** of the challenge.

The only question I have is this:
Apart from posting this thread have you actually taken your concerns to the devs that are offering support here so that they might have a chance to develope their work further ?

The voting period allows them to take these problems on board and affords them the chance to address them if they want. There have been many updates addressing quite a few issues and many related to particular host environments.

We can't expect everyone to thoroughly test in every host on every platform. And that is precisely why they have extra time after entering the challenge. And mostly posts have encouraged the devs on, but I'm willing to accept that your list may just spur them into action, but I wouldn't bank on it.

You might be on fire with your 64bit'n'bridge but you sure know how to piss on a parade.

**Where did this 'spirit' come from ? Have I misunderstood it ?

highkoo wrote:Flame loads and seems fine, but does not seem to do anything.
I am still investigating that.
In case you haven't realized, you need to click on the audio matrix and send the audio in where you want it to go, and also make sure you route the end of the chain to an out as a destination.

Otherwise no sound.

I didn't know it was a parade, I thought it was a real competiton where honest results counted.

I'll make sure I make everything pretty and nice especially for you.

SODDI wrote: I'll make sure I make everything pretty and nice especially for you.
lol

Dood.
You are one special snowflake.
Realize that you created this thread to bitch non-specifically about free things that are working for most other people, and now when challenged you act like someone else is being a bitch?

You arent seeking solutions, you are publicly posting your 'death list'. Half of which is the best of the comp, and works.
This thread is not useful to anyone, even you.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”