Guitar Gadgets support topic

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Guitar Gadgets

Hello guys ! The official support topic for Guitar Gadgets is here ! That means that if you don't like my new graphic tablet skills, or if you have a headache because of the animations (but not because of the sounds !), or if you want some tips to find the Easter Egg, it's here ! :lol:

Well, I have also to confess something. I wanted to make some of the pedals available from the start, but not the other ones, and I had developed a system which manages achievements to unlock each pedal one by one. But at the end, I wasn't satisfied enough with the result to leave it in Guitar Gadgets, and I didn't have enough time to polish it, so... Anyway, there is still something which is not here when you start Guitar Gadgets for the first time :hihi:

EDIT : I'm going to give it away : in the "about" tab (one click on the title), something interesting is going to happen if you click 2 times on "-musicalentropy" (not a double click !), 2 times on "KVR", 2 times again on "musicalentropy", and finally 2 times on "KVR" :tu:
Last edited by Ivan_C on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'm liking this one, but I've noticed that automation seems to be a bit weird:

-- in Maschine I see 8 parameters to automate, but three don't have names. The first of those selects the effect but it's tiny fractions of the value, so that's hard to use. The last two don't seem to do anything.

-- the UI doesn't update with automation, or even if I close the window and reopen it (but I hear the difference)

-- when I change parameters in the UI, it doesn't seem to update values in the host UI (but I hear the difference, and saving and reloading the effect seems to work)

Hi, and thanks for trying ! I'm going to check what is going on here, there is a problem with automation indeed...

About the parameters you can automate, the second one is the value of the combobox you can see when you use the Convolutor. About the third one, you will understand what he does when someone will find the easter egg :hihi:

I think I have solved the automation problems. The issues will be fixed in the next release I'm going to do (probably tomorrow or Monday, since I'm working on other ones too). Thanks for spotting that :wink:

I think the reverb and phaser sound really good and quite unique sounding, and would like to see them on their own, what I don't like is that you can't use these as a chain, it is a case of switching from one to the other and no way to mix them up. It would be better if they were separate effects - the pretty pictures and text are cute but once you've seen them they are just taking up space really.

Hello aMUSEd, and thanks for the comments :wink:

Well, for a more "serious" matter I would have allowed to chain the effects as much as you want, like in guitar amp sims for example. Anyway, I play with them a lot with multiple instances of the plug-in cascaded, even if that's not that practical. If this plug-in has enough success, I may develop a version 2 more suited for "work" :D

I agree, that phaser is tasty. :) I found myself stringing together multiple instances too.

So far one of the most likable entries, especially with the personal annotations in it. The phaser plugged before that Emissary amp is really cool, even though I am usually not a hi gain type.
An internal chaining was also my first wish when testing!

Wolfen666 wrote:Hello aMUSEd, and thanks for the comments :wink:

Well, for a more "serious" matter I would have allowed to chain the effects as much as you want, like in guitar amp sims for example. Anyway, I play with them a lot with multiple instances of the plug-in cascaded, even if that's not that practical. If this plug-in has enough success, I may develop a version 2 more suited for "work" :D
It would be good if you did develop them further, the reverb interests me because generally reverb developers go for transparent spaces but this one is unashamedly working as a creative effect, it adds something to the sound of its own that is really uplifting. The phaser is simple in design but also has a great sound, I like it even more than BigRock.

Very good stuff, the Larsonator feedback one could have maybe used a threshold to make it more reactive instead of just a big whomp. Most of the stuff is just really great, I'd write more but my cat is meowing at me. Like the creative gui, otherwise, honestly if it was just grey knobs it'd feel like just grey knobs.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

+1 for the reverb!
I used it after my Flextron and couldn't stop myself from playing some slow volume-swelled notes for a good while.
Also thanks for your papers on tube modelling :)

Would be cool if your cartoon drawings very interactive
My free VST guitar effects
www.soft-amp.com

Thanks a lot for all the nice comments ! :D

I'm going to see if I can improve the Larsenator a little bit in the next couple of days :wink:

About my articles, I think the best ones are from my fellow PhD students David T. Yeh, Jaromir Macak, Kristjan Dempwolf and Rafeal CD de Paiva :wink:

Is it just me or doesn't the limit knob on the tape recorder emulation (nice idea) doesn't really do anything? I don't hear a difference regardless of the position.

I should have written it on the description, but this emulation is very sensible to what you do with the input knob, and when the nonlinearities appear, the limit knob will have an audible impact :wink:

aMUSEd wrote: I like it even more than BigRock.
That's fighting talk!
(phew - I thought it was just me!)

And the microcassette thingy had me baffled, too, for a little while, but glad I persevered.

+1 (can I do more than 1?) for the reverb - it's either the best 'verb, or the worst, I've heard since xoxos's Spring 2.

This is the only (3) plugin(s) I've used with M. Kalenky's Synth-x16 v5.0 since it was released nearly 2 weeks ago.
I know no greater compliment.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”