The best way to announce fixed entry?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What do you think - what is the best way to announce fixed entry? Post it in a support thread or make a new thread with "THE update" title? Since not all of the folks reads all product threads it seems to me that the second possibility is better... But what about forum "update spamming", huh? Not to mention "branched" discussions...

Post it under the entree post maybe ?
And change the download in the entree post to the updated version?

The official way to do it is to use the KVR News section, it's in the developer dashboard. Cool plug btw!

If you want to get the most coverage, do both, you never know who's looking where. If updating a thread title, make it stand out please. I'm not following any of the threads just to re-read a bunch of "thanks".
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

nr1killabee wrote:Post it under the entree post maybe ?
And change the download in the entree post to the updated version?
You mean add comment under the product detail? Hm... I don't think it is the best way...
Ichad.c wrote:The official way to do it is to use the KVR News section, it's in the developer dashboard. Cool plug btw!
I didn't realized that option thanks! But unfortunately my plug hasn't been officially announced so this probably wont make much sense :( Thanks, I am very pleased you like it :) (Since I am solving some issues I haven't enough time yet to check others entries :? )
RunBeerRun wrote:If you want to get the most coverage, do both, you never know who's looking where. If updating a thread title, make it stand out please. I'm not following any of the threads just to re-read a bunch of "thanks".
You are right. It is the best. I am releasing and hot fix in few hours and maybe another 2 updates in couple of days. The spamming shouldn't be issue.

Cool, I have just realized how to update thread title :)

tomicious wrote:
Ichad.c wrote:The official way to do it is to use the KVR News section, it's in the developer dashboard. Cool plug btw!
I didn't realized that option thanks! But unfortunately my plug hasn't been officially announced so this probably wont make much sense :(
Well, in theory, the "DC'14 announcement" form Ben was the official announcement for all entries. I used the news feature 2 days ago when I updated my entry. Just read the news posting rules. The news secction is the best IMHO because it is visible from anywhere in KVR.

Cheers
Andrew

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”