KVR Dev Challenge 2016!

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DSmolken wrote:Hmmm... If something like SM Drums or Ivy Audio Piano In 162 was an entry two years ago, could it have won the grand prize?
Well, we'll never know, but something like Piano in 162 would probably place high because 70% of stuff are oddballs, it would definitively reach top 3, it's just my opinion.

I thought about entering last time with a simple sfz instrument, but never got around to making it. I might have, if the challenge was a few months earlier or later, but in any case it would have been something about one tenth the size of Piano In 162. Ah well.

The prize fund is now $1000, btw.

DSmolken wrote:I thought about entering last time with a simple sfz instrument, but never got around to making it. I might have, if the challenge was a few months earlier or later, but in any case it would have been something about one tenth the size of Piano In 162. Ah well.

The prize fund is now $1000, btw.
I think that's the problem with DC because nobody is sure will it be held every year so that developers could prepare better. If everything lasted for at least 3-4 months the prize pool would be much larger and people would have much more time to produce higher quality stuff.
If DC was an annual thing people would start slowly working on their project months ahead, as a side/hobby project which in the end could turn into something big, high quality, like a crescendo.
This way many people are getting somewhat caught off-guard and in many cases developers who were already working on something win. Because of this inconsistency DC's are pretty much random, IMO.

I don't think it's really a problem. It's, like somebody said earlier, good motivation to finish stuff we've got laying around on our hard drives. If it happens to be conveniently timed, great.

It'd be nice if somebody like A3E or NAMM were willing to provide the main prize every year, and this year's timing with the deadline a few days after Thanksgiving is not good for Americans, but I think the current format is fine.

reusenoise wrote:My entry it's about 260 MB and I can't upload,I will contact some admin and I will see if they allow more space for large files 8)
For anyone else with a large-sized entry, I got an official answer in this thread: viewtopic.php?p=6627978#p6627978

now where are the entries to be seen/downloaded?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:now where are the entries to be seen/downloaded?
As always we have to wait because of two reason. first, it's not the 1st dec all over the world atm. second, a human being needs to verify the entries and to release them. I think at 13pm cet we can get in touch with the entries.
rabbit in a hole

ah ok. thanks. i thought they're visible as they're uploaded.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Good luck to all participants!

And thank you to all participants for allowing us plebs free access to their often marvellous creations.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I can't wait. When will it be on?

Entries had be in yesterday, wherever in the world. That ended just over 4 hours ago.

The entries should be revealed imminently.

Patience! For the Jedi it is time to wait :D
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Pytchblend wrote:Entries had be in yesterday, wherever in the world. That ended just over 4 hours ago.

The entries should be revealed imminently.
Where is the Facebook thumps-up-like-button?

I didn't notice this bit in the blue box before -- even voters are in with a chance of a prize! https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2016/

Prizes For Everyone!
Enter, Donate or Vote (once voting begins of course) and you will be in with a chance to win one of these fantastic prizes from the KVRDC16 sponsors.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”