Youlean Loudness Meter

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

youlean wrote:There will always be differences as this depends on design. My meter should have better true peak detection than the others.
Interesting! I thought a standard like EBU R128 were constructed to yield the same results, regardless of the design of the tool.

Anyways, great tool!
Any plans on making a standalone tool as well? Would be nice to be able to measure audio files by drag and drop into the GUI.

joachime wrote:
youlean wrote:There will always be differences as this depends on design. My meter should have better true peak detection than the others.
Interesting! I thought a standard like EBU R128 were constructed to yield the same results, regardless of the design of the tool.

Anyways, great tool!
Any plans on making a standalone tool as well? Would be nice to be able to measure audio files by drag and drop into the GUI.
If you compare every meters in the industry you will likely see a lot of differences. The point is that original algorithm would be too CPU intensive and that's because companies choose to change it a bit. Also loudness values have tolerances (for some values range is even 2dB), so meters can be a little unprecise.

I will think about standalone, but this will certainly not happen any time soon.

I would like to ask you for any future (new) posts to reply here. I will post all updated here from now on. Thanks.

Edit: Moved post to the other thread as suggested above.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”