[CLOSED] How about new default skin?

Official support for: lennardigital.com

How about new default sylenth1 skin?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:54 pm

YES this is eyecandy!
70%
NO - i love the oldfashion skin from 2006!
9%
Other Skin, not that one!
22%

Total votes: 23

RELATED
PRODUCTS

so kind of feeling bored with the default skin - its been a long time now ...

ok this is not my skin:

http://pureav.deviantart.com/art/Sylent ... -430769010

but im really liking it :neutral:
and it would show that there is still a bit progress left on sylenth1 ... :ud:

omg cmon, as long as skin ISN'T ugly there is no need for anothere one... just focus on sound, default skin is ok, I think it doesn't interfere with sound synthesis and for me that's professional. If ya want eyecandys look somewhere else

why should i look somewhere else? look im working since october 2008 with sylenth1, and when you work that long with something you feel like you need a change.
most of the people working with virtual synths/FX do agree that the GUI is really important for the creative process and it will inspire to create new presets. the eyecandy was meant in terms of inspiration.

that why im here and thought about how about lennard would allow official and also post about it in public, it would show some activity.

I agree that sound is what counts. I even think that the aesthetic quality of a GUI matters only before the purchase. When you are working with it, you don`t notice wether it looks nice or not.
I noticed that when I used Windows, I always thought Mac OS X looks so nice.
I got a Mac and 2 days later I didn`t notice its look anymore.

That being said, I still like pleasant looking GUIs and when it looks too ugly, I think it inspires people to NOT use the plug-in ;)
Humans are irrational. I am certainly no exception.

I like your skin a lot. If the green color around the knobs would be different, maybe white, blue, red... I would love it. I guess that is not a complicated thing to customize ... (?) ... so I`d say it`s a great addition.

There was plans to release Sylenth with a skinning system, Scott Kane did a wonderful job with his mockups.
http://s0nkite.deviantart.com/art/Lenna ... -105201336

If I recall correctly they were unable to come to agreeable terms, and the whole idea was scrapped (or put on an extremely cold back burner).

Skins would certainly breathe some life into S1, even if it's only cosmetic.

cotdagoo wrote:There was plans to release Sylenth with a skinning system, Scott Kane did a wonderful job with his mockups.
The funniest thing is that some of those ones are not mockups but functional...
There are few great skins for Sylenth1. Most of them are very eye-candy but not very practical when you use S1 very often.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

I find the Sylenth1 - LT Skin [UPDATED] by Pureav is very quick to read. By that I mean that you only need one 0.5 second look at it and you immediately have an idea of the parameter values that you where looking for.

Wow, these look great. I agree that the default skin is ok and functional, but it looks a bit ugly and cheap. Especially the LT Skin [Updated] looks way better, and very modern.

its not my skin, one of my friends posted it on his facebook. well its the first skin i replaced within a short time, because its dark, good readable and got all its functionality the default got.

the LT-skin reminds me on a virus somehow - never had one.

dont know that it was considered to get skn0te in the boat, to make some official S1 skins.
i think too more people would consider to buy S1 - when the skin got updated, i mean its only cosmetics, but these sometimes trick the newbies. :D

still hope i get more votes in the poll.
cheers,
Ameyah

Thanks for creating this topic. I'm the creator of the skin and was heading over here to start a topic myself, haha. The feedback/downloads so far has been fantastic, couldn't be happier!

That's about it really...just a thanks. I casted a vote too, but for "other". I'd rather my work not become defaults, unless they were originally designed for that purpose. Plus, I'd be a bit of tit to vote my own skin up. ;)

- Lance

i love it !

Skyre wrote:Thanks for creating this topic. I'm the creator of the skin and was heading over here to start a topic myself, haha. The feedback/downloads so far has been fantastic, couldn't be happier!

That's about it really...just a thanks. I casted a vote too, but for "other". I'd rather my work not become defaults, unless they were originally designed for that purpose. Plus, I'd be a bit of tit to vote my own skin up. ;)

- Lance
Thanks for that skin. It is really really good. So good in fact it made me spend time to figure out how to modify the 64bit version of the dll.
(resource hacker obviously has problems with 64bit dll's - Explorersuite is the one you want to use)

Now everytime I open the Sylenth gui I repond with - aah, thats nice! 8)

oops...ignore this post
Last edited by Skyre on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mace404 wrote: Thanks for that skin. It is really really good. So good in fact it made me spend time to figure out how to modify the 64bit version of the dll.
(resource hacker obviously has problems with 64bit dll's - Explorersuite is the one you want to use)

Now everytime I open the Sylenth gui I repond with - aah, thats nice! 8)
Very welcome man!

Yeah somebody recommended Restorator 2007 for the 64bit mod...though a google search I found some foreign guy who said it messed up it computer. I certainly don't want that happening. I obviously don't have time to test out all possible programs so it's good to hear what works from others. I'll update the dA description with Explorersuite.

Thanks again!

- Lance

Hm... But the latest version of ResHacker does open 64-bit DDLs just fine...

Return to “LennarDigital”