Sylenth AU shows up - no VST

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I recently installed ableton live 64 bit (originally had 32). When I tried to load sylenth in ableton, I only see the AU, but don't see the VST. When I originally had all of my files working in ableton live 32 bit using the vst. Now it seems to be an issue because I can't just drag and replace the AU over anything that originally used the VST. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You need to hold down the Alt/Option key while clicking "Rescan" in Live's preferences to force Ableton Live to do a full rescan of all plug-ins. After that the VST version of Sylenth1 will be available in the plug-ins list.

Have you had this problem with Komplete Kontrol? I see all my other synths (vsts) in there but not Sylenth1. Oddly, it does show up in both Maschine and Logic. I can't figure out why it wont work in KK....any ideas??

leeindahizouse wrote:Have you had this problem with Komplete Kontrol? I see all my other synths (vsts) in there but not Sylenth1. Oddly, it does show up in both Maschine and Logic. I can't figure out why it wont work in KK....any ideas??
Make sure you're using Sylenth1 v3.02. Then rescan your plugins.

If it still doesn't work there may be something wrong with your file permissions. To fix that, open Terminal from Applications/Utilities, then type:

sudo chmod -R 775 /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Sylenth1.component

You may want to repair disk permissions in OSX:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201560

And restart your Mac afterwards.

I'm having similar issues: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=466780

Was wondering if there is a fix/update coming soon, as i haven't received a response. I have been going thru the forms trying to find a solution. Only solution i have found that works is running software in 32 bit (MPC, Ableton for me). Kind of sucks but it works. As for the Komplete Kontrol, it only works in 64 bit, from my understanding. But when scanning plugins, sylenth1 crashes Komplete Kontrol. For now, i'm just patiently waiting for a fix/updated for the 64 Bit version, which i hope is coming soon.

Return to “LennarDigital”