Ghost VST??

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, I've been trying to reinstall Sylenth for about 3 days now. I've tried running the install and registering it, but nothing happens. Then I thought, maybe I need to delete the old install, so I navigated to my plugins folder, and there is nothing to be found regarding sylenth. Upon a search of my entire harddrive, the vst and component files belonging to sylenth are nowhere to be found.

Any idea why this is? I can't seem to get a clean install because I can't get rid of the original without deleting those files.. but they don't exist. Sylenth still loads up somehow, but in demo mode.

I'm running Mac OS X, attempting to work in ableton live.
I've got years worth of sounds, mostly floating around in song files (i was building an archive that got deleting due to some strange aliasing thing, now the only way to access a sound is to find the song I used it in).

So, I also have the question of preference and setting storage. Are the settings for my individual sounds stored within the Live file, or somewhere else?

Will reinstalling the vst effect these sounds? I simply can't lose all of them. I've backed up in the last couple months but most of the relevant work I've done is after my last backup :( .

Hi,

Sylenth1 is installed in the Library folder on your main drive, NOT the Library folder in your User dir, that's probably why you couldn't find it. Either way, you don't have to remove it manually, the installer takes care of everything.

Please note that the demo version of Sylenth1 can not be activated. Just download and install the full version of Sylenth1 from the links in your license email and you'll be fine!

moodywomb wrote:Are the settings for my individual sounds stored within the Live file, or somewhere else?

Will reinstalling the vst effect these sounds? I simply can't lose all of them. I've backed up in the last couple months but most of the relevant work I've done is after my last backup :( .
Yes, they're stored in the Live project. Reinstalling Sylenth1 does not have any effect on the sounds.

Return to “LennarDigital”