Anyone know why this happens? sound bug?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know why when sometimes when i load certain presets into sylenth1 my preset will sound as intended if i only play and pause however if i hit stop and then play the synth sounds really really terrible, like distorted and just plain weird?

Ill be honest i thought it was because i was using a warez version of sylenth however finally after being able to save enough money i could finally afford to pay the developer for a legit copy and license (god bless you Lennard you are an inspiration) however I still get the same issue and I cannot work out why? Running ableton 9 suite as my DAW.

Appreciate any feedback anyone might have.

Cheers

i recorded this to try and help explain it

https://youtu.be/RS98moxU2Kw

Hi, It might be related to Midi channel info in the loaded Midi clip.
Try to check the Midi clip envelope.

yep, have checked/removed all of the midi envelopes. Its funny because I have often come across this over the years more often than not but now that I'm trying to replicate the scenario to see if I can potentially narrow it down a bit - you think i can get it to do it in a new set?

I don't suppose (I have no idea just throwing it out there) that you know how some MIDI files could contain all instruments on one track where as some other MID files might have all instruments on separate tracks.

When i come across this where all instruments are on one track i use an old shareware program called GNMIDFMT to convert the MIDI file so that all instruments are separated from one another when i drop it into ableton.

Is there a possibility that this could potentially cause some sort 'corruption' which might spac it out or something?
Ever heard of these programs causing issues anywhere along the way? Is it even recommend? Or is it possible to have a corrupted MIDI file that still appears to be working but not, if that makes any sense.

It seems there's some midi automation going on in your track. When you stop the project, it'll point to the start of your track (where the midi automation probably is) and it resets some parameters. You can clearly see the Volume and Phase knobs on Osc A1 turn when you hit stop, but there may be more.

Just right-click the knob to get the midi learn menu to see to what midi CC it is linked to. Then you can either remove the midi data from your midi clip, or click Midi Forget to unlink the knob.

Return to “LennarDigital”