Old presets fail in Sylenth1

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently decided to buy Sylenth1 since I wanted to take producing more seriously.
In the past, I always had a cracked Sylenth1 version and I made some nice presets in there. When I bought the real Sylenth1, I did not want to lose these presets so I saved them somewhere else before installing.
Now the full version werks perfectly. However, I copied those presets back into the map where all the self-made presets of Sylenth1 are saved. But when I try to open them it gives the error:

"The Sylenth1 - VTX plugin could not be found. This is not a serious error, the project will continue loading normally and the plugin will be ignored. You will not be notified about further missing instances of this plugin in this project."

So somehow, these presets are still sort of linked to the older version of Sylenth1.
What to do? Help please! :)

Contender wrote: In the past, I always had a cracked Sylenth1 version and I made some nice presets in there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Z_roHUz3c

Sorry if it's more information than needed, but I thought it might have been useful!

Contender wrote:Sorry if it's more information than needed, but I thought it might have been useful!
+1 for your honesty and buying it finally :tu:

Sadly I cannot help you, because I don't know that situation.
Did you deinstall and reinstall the plugin?
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Contender wrote:Sorry if it's more information than needed, but I thought it might have been useful!
Thing is, you admit that to someone who spent god knows how many manhours for a product he likes to make a living from (after all, this is the official support forum, with actual humans who worked on this plugin), and, maybe you can imagine what a spit in the face admitting that you stole it can be. Regardless of whether you own a legit license now or not. At least i would feel a little pissed off.

Anyway, back to the topic.

You shouldn't have been using a cracked copy in the first place (and saving presets with it), as that's what's causing the problem.

Also, you should always save and load presets via MENU -> Preset -> Save/Load on Sylenth1's user interface. Then you will never have any problems between different Sylenth1 versions or DAWs.

Since you saved the preset via your DAW instead, it can only be loaded by that very same DAW and the same version of Sylenth1. Either rename Sylenth1.dll to whatever was used by that VTX version (Sylenth1 - VTX.dll or something), or use the VTX version to load the presets, then save them in the way you should always save them (MENU -> Save Preset).

Right, I can understand that. I just wanted to be honest and I would never post that to "spit people in the face". I was just a teenager with a little hobby, of which I can understand I'm not the only one.

Thanks for the input Lennard! I will try that out.

chk071 wrote:
Thing is, you admit that to someone who spent god knows how many manhours for a product he likes to make a living from (after all, this is the official support forum, with actual humans who worked on this plugin), and, maybe you can imagine what a spit in the face admitting that you stole it can be. Regardless of whether you own a legit license now or not. At least i would feel a little pissed off.

Anyway, back to the topic.
I do not really see the problem. OP used a cracked version, most certainly to test the plugin and see if he liked it. He ended up liking it and he paid for it.
I did the same exact same thing. I am a hobby producer with limited amounts of money and I make ZERO money from my music (I do not produce for the money, I mainly just mess around in my DAW because it is a form of therapy for me to just play and create). Yet I've paid for FL Studio, Sylenth1 and Spire. But I would never have paid for any of mentioned products if I didn't have the ability to pirate them, test them fully and then make a decision. I wouldn't even have gotten into music production to begin with (which means I'd never have bought Sylenth1) if it wasn't for piracy. I am aware of that there are people who abuse piracy (I've seen multiple people release music with pirated software, both known and less known producers), that however doesn't mean everyone does. Try (FULLY) before you buy is a concept I support when it comes to software.

I just find it a bit disrespectful to lash out on OP when he after all did the right thing and purchased a license. It is quite obvious that OP thought maybe him using a crack in the past could be the reason why his presets do not work, hence why he mentioned it. That is however not the case since my presets I made in a cracked version (I used the same crack and skin as Avicii) of Sylenth1 years ago still works just fine because I saved them as .fxp files.

I made a free bank and I saved it as .fxb in Sylenth1 V.3.0.3. But it does not work in Sylenth1 V.2.2.1 (which people then got angry at me for...). Yet another guy made a bank in 2017 that works just fine in older versions of Sylenth1 (I've tested this myself and his bank works). That guy (Fruitymasterz @ Youtube) uses the same version of Sylenth1 as me. Either he made his bank in an old cracked version or something with my Sylenth1 is malfunctioning. I can have some understanding why OP is confused.

I'm not a professional chef, but I pay for my food. I'm not a professional driver, but I pay for my car and all the relevant expenses. I'm not a professional internetist and I pay for my internet connection.

This 'it's just a hobby' argument is just BS.

yeah we probably don't need to take this thread too far down that path, but it does get a bit disheartening to know that plenty of cats with their name up in lights getting paid FAR more than me, still using cracks.

I met one dude whose music was actually friggon awesome, he used only Cubase and Sylenth1, nothing else.
When the conversation found itself in these parts, it was made clear to me that the only 2 tools this guy has relied on for the last few years, to make those tracks, travel the miles, wear the crown, feel the love, make a name, get the fame... both cracked.

he admitted to me that he should buy them, but he still insisted he wasn't really getting paid THAT much...

just flying around the world, playing his music to underground acclaim. On the main stage.
I'm sure there's more than a few of them.

tehlord wrote:I'm not a professional chef, but I pay for my food. I'm not a professional driver, but I pay for my car and all the relevant expenses. I'm not a professional internetist and I pay for my internet connection.

This 'it's just a hobby' argument is just BS.
And this "I pay for my physical objects" argument is a terrible argument.
Physical objects are actual resources and those are in many cases a lot harder to come by, hence why most people pay for them because it's the easiest and safest way to obtain these things. You can also try many of these things before you make a decision to buy it (or you can return the product and get your money back). If you want to try a car, you can do so and you can do so with full functionality. It's not like the car seller will disable the car horn, limit the speed to 80 km/h and play "Thank you for trying this car!" every 90 seconds through the speakers. Software like VSTs, are virtual and once cracked, they can be copied into infinity pretty much, with no additional costs for the average user. Humans are wired to seek for things they want and obtain these things with as low resource expenditure as possible. Cracking software is pretty much free and therefore people will do it. Some later on pay for the products we pirated at first (like me and OP), some don't.

The harsh truth is that most companies would lose money either way, with or without piracy. With piracy, people will pirate (but like I said, some pirates end up buying and some do not). Without piracy, less people would bother to get into music production (and some would probably save up money for hardware synths instead) since many start out as teenagers with limited economy and buying capabilities (and possibly with unsupportive parents, which there are tons of out there, mine certainly are). Anyways, sorry for going off-topic and I will not interrupt further. I just do not like this black and white worldview some people have regarding piracy. There are positive and negative sides to it, that's life.

FLStudiouser94 wrote:If you want to try a car, you can do so and you can do so with full functionality. It's not like the car seller will disable the car horn, limit the speed to 80 km/h and play "Thank you for trying this car!" every 90 seconds through the speakers.
In all honesty, would you rather prefer:

- A trial version with full functionality which you can try for 1 hour (or even one day) and it gets locked after that (as would a car)? Or
- A demo version that you can use all your life, only with a demo voice every now and then and a few minor functions disabled?

Lennard wrote:
FLStudiouser94 wrote:If you want to try a car, you can do so and you can do so with full functionality. It's not like the car seller will disable the car horn, limit the speed to 80 km/h and play "Thank you for trying this car!" every 90 seconds through the speakers.
In all honesty, would you rather prefer:

- A trial version with full functionality which you can try for 1 hour (or even one day) and it gets locked after that (as would a car)? Or
- A demo version that you can use all your life, only with a demo voice every now and then and a few minor functions disabled?
Well since you replied Lennard, I'll post since I assume it's alright then.

I would have to say neither due to the circumstances we have regarding software piracy. As long as piracy is possible and in general easy, people will resort to it. Why use a limited demo, when you can pirate a software and demo it fully in your own pace? If piracy gets banned, that will kill a lot of the demand which in turn will hurt the suppliers. But sure, a demo version that always works but is very restrictive (yes, it is very restrictive, the demo is intended for Sylenth1 usage only, which is not how I work when I use Sylenth1) is the better option, even if that sucks too in comparison with the ability to demo a product fully via pirating.

I think the only way to combat piracy in a more efficient way, is to appeal to what most people think like. Most people seem to live from paycheck to paycheck with little to no savings. Rent-2-own and lower prices (or having more sales) are the best ways to combat piracy and this is hopefully the future. I know you already offer this, which is great. Hopefully in the future, it could become even cheaper to rent, like down to 5 euros per month or so. The more affordable and easier it is to legitimately get a software, the better it will be for those who do want to support the software developers and to own their stuff legitimately.
Last edited by FLStudiouser94 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

nothing new to say really,
Most of the time wasters who use cracks, never will actually buy anything.
They sure as hell WILL though, release tracks, get paid for DJing and playing them live, and continue to justify their own selfish ego and borrowed coolness. Not to mention the disconnection to the dev. So many of these companies are run by some of the nicest characters you'll ever meet. The type of people I like to chat with at parties anyway.
bla bla bla, just can't be f**ked to type any further into this argument... I appreciate my plugins, and I like to support the people who spend sleepless nights shaping their ideas into these awesome tools. I'm more in a position to validate any use of unauthorised software than most, I live in a third world country, I have a wife and 2 kids, I make NOTHING from my music, I BLA BLA BLA... I still buy my stuff, albeit I need to sell something in order to buy something, but I do it, because devs deserve to get paid, just like I deserve to get paid for carting my gear to parties and busting my ass to help to create an enjoyable environment.

too many artists make money with unauthorised software.
Touring, releasing, selling preset banks etc
I hate that sinking feeling when I meet someone doing so well in music, but they tell me they use cracks of the cheapest plugins out there, or from devs who i either know personally or who are just al-round sheik geeks. It's just f**ked. Dudes still using a cracked copy of Sylenth after 5-10 years of fame... I just got back from a world tour, releasing my 3rd album.
didn't you READ your NFO file?

maybe a person discovers music software tools through the use of cracks,
but there's too much great free software out there to be validating any shitty crack argument.
if there's less demand, maybe there'll be less SHIT music?
If you can't afford it, get a f**king job and save up for it.
Then you'll maybe respect your tools? maybe then you'll get inside the synth more, get to know your tools, and maybe make music that doesn't just suck ass, copying the 'style' and sounds of all the famous crackheads, with a folder full of every plugin under the sun ...?
thinking of a few people here...

there's a line there somewhere, but justifying it is pretty lame.

sqigls wrote:If you can't afford it, get a f**king job and save up for it.
Then you'll maybe respect your tools?

That's what I had to learn the hard way, teached by my parents: "You wanna something for your music studio? Go and work and save for it!" Here and there they lent me money, but I had to pay back. I love my studio, I love each tool. Since I hadn't had lot of money as a youngster, I started out buying used, cheap, low-quality stuff. But I loved it.

I also know some producers using warez, although they are not famous nor fully living out of it, but I can't stand when they complain about illegal downloads of their music, yet use crackz themselves. That's f****ked up as well.

It's a crazy mindset about computer software. Free is not free enough, but then going to Starbucks and freakin pay big money for a so-so-coffee.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Return to “LennarDigital”