SynthMaster Demo Songs go there: Post your links

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote:Shows many presets from the newly released Synthmaster 2.5

http://soundcloud.com/examigan/new-synthmaster-demo

8)
Nice, if i hear right, you played some of "my" patches! ;)

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Xenox.AFL wrote:
Examigan wrote:Shows many presets from the newly released Synthmaster 2.5

http://soundcloud.com/examigan/new-synthmaster-demo

8)
Nice, if i hear right, you played some of "my" patches! ;)

Frank
Yes that's right, and they sound great! =)
:band2:

Examigan wrote:Yes that's right, and they sound great! =)
Nice to hear, have fun and make music! ;)

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Xenox.AFL wrote:
Examigan wrote:Yes that's right, and they sound great! =)
Nice to hear, have fun and make music! ;)

Frank
I am in the process of that right now, new song on the way 8)

Hi everyone,

this is not really a typical demo song but an audio demo of 6 sounds i recently made. Those will be included in a Synthmaster 2.5 expansion i'm currently working on.
All sounds are based on a multisampled Hypersaw preset which i created with a Virus TI. The last 2 sounds are layered with 2 multisamples based on presets created with a Waldorf Blofeld. The Delay/Echo FX in the first two soounds is added with the Mod Wheel. All sounds are a single instance of Synthmaster 2.5 and no external FXs were used.

link for the audio demo:
http://soundcloud.com/ingoweidner/ingo- ... 5-hypersaw

Have fun,
Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Well, i dont kow the VirusTI HyperSAW but i think its not much better as the patches created with Synthmaster, the only difference is maybe that you can save CPU power...

Frank

Xenox.AFL wrote:Well, i dont kow the VirusTI HyperSAW but i think its not much better as the patches created with Synthmaster, the only difference is maybe that you can save CPU power...

Frank
IMO especially for Synth Strings the Virus Hypersaw is the ultimate choice. I have tried to create the same type of sounds with a single cycle wave of the Virus Hypersaw but the result sounds totally static and lifeless. The "magic" of the original Hypersaw is in the movement and phasing so it seems to be only possible to capture this with a quite long sample. The longest one is around 7 seconds (in the lower octaves).

BTW the original sample was based on 2 oscillators with 8 Saws each. Some sounds in the demo use a detuned layer so that's around 32 Saws at once.

The first Synth Strings (3rd one in the demo) uses a single oscillator with the multisample and only a slight amount of the Ensemble effect.

Of course you could recreate the same with e.g. the Additive oscillator of Synthmaster but first it will not sound different and second it will need much more processing power, especially if you add the Unison for this.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Hi everyone,

this is not really a typical demo song but an audio demo of 6 sounds i recently made. Those will be included in a Synthmaster 2.5 expansion i'm currently working on.
Yawn
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Purity Lied wrote:

Yawn
Looks like you are not a fan of the "original" Hypersaw then... :)

Just to make it clear: With adding the Virus TI Hypersaw multisamples (BTW all sounds in the audio demo are based on the same samples...) i don't want to replace the HYpersaw/Supersaw which is possible with Synthmaster 2.5 but it's not a bad thing to have the "original" sound too IMO.

Of course my soundset will be based on many different things like e.g. several other samples, single cycles, 6 multi single cycles (based on samples of a Moog Slim Phatty) and use of the additive (also for Hypersaw like sounds), wavetable and Vector oscillators.

Currently i'm trying to program the additive oscillator using a Signal Analyzer for some specific sounds (e.g. Pianos).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

I'll try to add "free" running for sample oscillators. Stay tuned...
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I just posted a Bass/arpeggiator demo at another thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=225

a copy o the text:
Ingonator wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Gonga wrote:
This is Zebra doing a snappy attack. I apologize for not having better samples, but I'm working on an Omnisphere project atm. Omnisphere cannot quite meet Zebra's level in the VA category.

http://danling.com/studio/sounds/zebra/ ... ck%202.mp3

When I'm doing distorted leads (think guitar-like sounds) a real punchy attack makes a huge difference to the sound because it defines the beginning of each rapid-fire note amidst all the distortion and flanged wildness.

As far as I know (frequently in the past a limitation!) Zebra is the only VA that can do anything like this. I can't wait to start using it for some funky bass. I'm working on an ambient piece now! :cry:

btw, I haven't been able to get Zebra to be as snappy as an old Moog, Arp or my old SH-1000, but it's getting good enough for gubmint work!
I recently got a Moog Slim Phatty rack, programmed spme patches on it (actually a full bank which i want to release soon...) and made samples of 6 waveforms (Tri, Saw, Square and 3 Pulses).
As Synthmaster 2.5 supports those i have created multi single cycles (like multi samples but for single cycles) of those waveforms and currently try to use those in Synthmaster 2.5. As Synthmaster within the graphical envelopes got adjustable slopes for each step i'll try to make some punchy basses soon. Some leads í made already sound quite close (also in the low end where most other softsynths lack!!) but again it's not 100% the same which still seems to be impossible.

Synthmaster could use free running oscillators which prevents most of the phasing and flanging.

I'll try to do a Bass preset with Synthmaster today and post a demo of that and a Slim Phatty Bass sound here.

Ingo
I have just created a Bass preset on Synthmaster 2.5 which uses the internal Arpeggiator and 2 Oscillators based on single cycles (better: multi single cycles) cretaed with samples of a Moog Slim Phatty. The Modwheel is used to change the Slope of the Decay stage of the envelopes which ends in a "clicking sound". This demo uses a single instance of Synthmaster 2.5 and no internal or external FXs are used.

link: http://soundcloud.com/ingoweidner/ingo- ... ass-demo-1

Note:
I just noticed that there is some "metallic noise" (or "ringing noise") in the background when playing the file in SoundCloud. This could not be found in the original sound or the original MP3. If i download the file on SoundCloud it seems to be OK too. Maybe someone could report if he observes the same.

UPDATE:
I thought there could be a problem with clipping and i changed the file at Soundcould but in the Soundcloud Player it sounds the same. The download version should be OK. Maybe Soundcloud uses a strange EQ setting at import.

Ingo
The playback at SoundCloud seems to sound different to the original MP3 so those who want to compare could try the download version for comparison.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
Purity Lied wrote:

Yawn

Just to make it clear: With adding the Virus TI Hypersaw multisamples (BTW all sounds in the audio demo are based on the same samples...) i don't want to replace the HYpersaw/Supersaw which is possible with Synthmaster 2.5 but it's not a bad thing to have the "original" sound too IMO.

Of course my soundset will be based on many different things like e.g. several other samples, single cycles, 6 multi single cycles (based on samples of a Moog Slim Phatty) and use of the additive (also for Hypersaw like sounds), wavetable and Vector oscillators.

Currently i'm trying to program the additive oscillator using a Signal Analyzer for some specific sounds (e.g. Pianos).

Ingo
I think they sound great Ingo :)
nice job on those

Examigan wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Purity Lied wrote:

Yawn

Ingo
I think they sound great Ingo :)
nice job on those
Many thanks. Currently i got some "test presets" which could be deleted but besides those around half of the bank (around 50 presets) seems to be finished. :)

Ingo

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Here is a new Bass/arpeggiator demo:

http://soundcloud.com/ingoweidner/ingo- ... ass-demo-2

More info:
This demo is based on a another Bass preset i just created on Synthmaster 2.5 which uses the internal Arpeggiator. It uses 2 Oscillators based on single cycles (better: multi single cycles) cretaed with samples of a Moog Slim Phatty. The Modwheel is used to change the Slope of the Decay stage of the Filter envelope (make it bigger in this case).
This demo uses a single instance of Synthmaster 2.5 and no internal FXs are used. The only FX used is a Stillwell Audio Bombardier Buss Compressor.

Note:
In the MP3, especially when played in SoundCloud, there is some strange background noise. For comparison the full quality WAV file is available here: https://rapidshare.com/files/1947971330 ... _2.wav.zip

The MP3 uses the standard MP3 codec with 48 kHz and 192 kBit constant bitrate. With the Lame codec it sounds the same (or even worse).

BTW it's possible to do a "snappier" filter envelope but then i only hear a clicking noise which does not really sound musical IMO.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

regarding the snappy envelopes, just remembered this: SynthMaster has highpass filters in its signal chain, so that might be removing some of that snappiness as well, have to test this though.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”