Synthmaster 2.6 -- Much lighter on CPU!

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The first thing I noticed after doing the update today is that SM2.6 uses drastically less CPU. I am one happy camper!

On another topic, where do I find the new presets in the patch browser?

Did you just run the update file or the full install? I think you might need to run the full install in order to get the new patches and waves.

You're right about the lower cpu usage. Very nice!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

No guys, the update does contain all factory presets. Which ones you couldnt find?

I am glad that your CPU usage decreased :)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:No guys, the update does contain all factory presets. Which ones you couldnt find?

I am glad that your CPU usage decreased :)
I'm sure the presets are there -- I just don't know where to look for them in the patch browser.

Thanks.

8) :D about the lower cpu use first thing i noticed :love:

cain wrote:8) :D about the lower cpu use first thing i noticed :love:
I am glad it's working faster now :tu:
Works at KV331 Audio

Have the CM/BE versions been also updated?

ferez21 wrote:Have the CM/BE versions been also updated?
No not yet, good reminder! I have some time today, let me work on those.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
ferez21 wrote:Have the CM/BE versions been also updated?
No not yet, good reminder! I have some time today, let me work on those.
Can't wait :love:
Lower CPU might give me the trigger to finally buy the full version.

We won Synthmaster in last month's KVR OSC! Looking forward using it in our future productions!! :D

Thanks kv331 for being so generous to donate a synth every month for the contest! :tu:
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

mleghorn wrote:The first thing I noticed after doing the update today is that SM2.6 uses drastically less CPU. I am one happy camper!
Hello, new SM user here, starting out on 2.6. CPU usage seems high. My system is an i7 870, 1156 LGA board, 16G DDR3, Win 7/64, Sonar X2P. I've got the engine set to draft, XXL buffer, and 16 voices. Runs well there, but as soon as I set quality to good, I start to get minor drop outs, albeit with quite a few notes playing. Am I missing something on the engine settings? Is my buffer set right?

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Todd

The preset I'm making is a single layer only, but two oscillators with several voices each, and I was running the Layer 1 with 4 unison layers. I backed it down to unison of 2, and CPU usage is much better, now running quality on good and buffer at XL. Again, please let me know your experiences, comments, etc.

Thank you.

My advice is to work using draft quality, and when you're going to render to audio set the global quality to 'best'.

Thank you balx.

balx wrote:My advice is to work using draft quality, and when you're going to render to audio set the global quality to 'best'.
this reminds me a feature request: set the quality to best just on render, automagicaly :)

Return to “KV331 Audio”