Synthmaster error on startup (and GUIeditor crash).

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been awhile. I had been avoiding attempting to upgrade from 2.6.9 again to 2.7, but figured I'd go for it now that I had some spare time. Per previous instructions from September in this thread - involving nuking those folders - no dice. It's possible I followed the procedure wrong, but here's what I did.

Again: Reaper x64 (newest), Windows 7 64bit

1. uninstalled 2.6x from Programs and Features.
2. After uninstalling 2.6x, followed your directions to delete the folders you listed.
3. installed 2.7.
4. Attempting to launch Reaper, when it scans for VST's, I get "red X - Synthmaster 2.7 - The following folder specified in the SythmasterFolders.txt file is not a valid installation folder: c:\Program Files(x86)\VSTPluginst\KV331 Audio" - which I don't understand, since that folder does exist?

If I then click "Ok", the next alert window that comes up is "red X - Synthmaster could not find scale definitions folder: C:\Program Files(x86)\VSTPlugins\KV331 Audio\Scales".

Then, Reaper crashes. Gah.

As I mentioned before, Synthmaster 2.6.9? I believe, was working ok after my last attempt to upgrade to 2.7. These errors seem different, though. Further suggestions? Unfortunately I can't freshly reinstall Windows at this time on an available machine; I presume doing so would probably solve the problem..

Thanks again so much for your help!

Well after multiple attempts on my own, I appear to have remedied this problem.

The key was, in addition to the aforementioned steps of uninstalling and folder deletions, I had to go into the registry and nuke 3 or 4 keys that referenced the both the Synthmaster installers as well as the Synthmaster executables. After I did that, I was able to install the 2.7 installer with little trouble, and now it is working.

Return to “KV331 Audio”