Yeah me, I took the plunge!

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I buckled down, or should I say buckled, and got Synthmaster, and am so pleased I did. I have been thinking about doing this for a while now, but the sale was the last thing I needed to push me over the top. In my brief encounter with it so far, it's cool that it shares many things in common with Zebra and Tera, so there are many aspects that require almost no learning forme. It's so well designed, and being able to import MIDI files into the sequencer is an idea I have never seen before, but such a welcome one. One of the things I hate about a lot of those things is how damn tedious it is to program them. Having to mouse click everything is tiring, and so boring and slow. I am also facinated with the idea of additive that can use waves other than just sine. It brings additive to a whole new level. I have Imposcar 2 also and you can do additive in one of 2 user programmable oscillator slots, but you only have sines to choose from and inevitably, it's hard to get away from the organ-like nature of the sounds generated that way. Tera also has user programmable waves and I think they have up to 512 partials with less and less control over them the higher the order of partial. Loving the look of the large number of filter configurations too. It's quite the beast, or perhaps the word gem is a better fit. Congratulations 331 developers; I'm really looking forward to using this and any of you synthesists out there contemplating getting Synthmaster will probably not regret your choice if you do. There are a few presets I auditioned that come as close to some of the classically beautiful Synclavier sounds as I have ever heard. I highly recommend this beast.

Hey guys, have any of you had issues with certain presets not generating any sound at all? I bought the Factory version, so am wondering if it means that certain things are missing that comes with different versions, obviously probably, the more expensive ones. It's not like I am bored with the hundreds I have been iaudtioning and fooling around with, far from it. I am just wondering if you know of any issue regarding this. Thanks.

I don't think the version makes a difference. Which preset?

Hi FLWrd

I have just been going through them, and it seems from what i have done so far, that they are all Rob Fabrie presets; Here is the list I have found so far: 80s techno Synth RF
8bit sawer RF
Alien Scream RF
Andgry Mood RF
Leader of the dance
Minikorg Dance RF
Naked rawness
Raw and Direct ID
OK 90s Techno bs

I wonder if just that folder got corrupted, unless you have some other idea.

Perhaps, but 80s techno synth RF produces almost no sound when the mod wheel is all up. Same goes for 8bit sawer RF, Alien Scream, and Raw & Direct LD. I sense a pattern. Try to move the mod wheel (CC1) or check if there is anything that might send CC1=127 or another controller.

Welcome aboard. It's hard to find a better sounding feature rich alternative at the current price points.
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Return to “KV331 Audio”