Using Synthmaster as an effect in Logic Pro X?

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do you get Synthmaster to work as an effect in Logic Pro X?

I can simply add it as an effect in Bitwig, without doing any extra routing, but adding it in Logic cuts out the sound.

Is there a route path you have to set up? If so, what is it?

I just pick Audio Units > KV331 > SynthMaster 2.7 Effect. No problems. Perhaps you chose a patch that has no volume or the filter at 0 or something like that? Or perhaps it's not a stereo track (I think it only works for stereo)?

FLWrd wrote:I just pick Audio Units > KV331 > SynthMaster 2.7 Effect. No problems. Perhaps you chose a patch that has no volume or the filter at 0 or something like that? Or perhaps it's not a stereo track (I think it only works for stereo)?
I picked the same thing, tried different patches, checked the volume, etc.

Now it's not working it Bitwig either. :tantrum:

Update/reinstall?

Restarted my computer, and it's working in Bitwig again, not Logic though. :?

FLWrd wrote:I just pick Audio Units > KV331 > SynthMaster 2.7 Effect. No problems.
Just curious, how is Synthmaster listed in Logic's Plug-in manager (Logic Pro> Preferences> Plug-in manager) for you?

For me it's listed as a MIDI controlled effect, and I guess those types of effects need to be set up in their own instrument track with the audio routed through an auxiliary track into Synthmaster.

Thing is that set up did not work either. :(

Ah!

A MIDI controlled effect is an effect that gets its real time control input from the MIDI track, but its sound via side chaining. It takes the role of "instrument" in a track, but doesn't produce audio on its own. But if you create a stereo instrument track, e.g. with ES2 as the instrument, then you can add SynthMaster as a normal audio effect using the output of the instrument as its input.

So in the first case, you need to have another source for the sound, and use that as side chain input for the MIDI controlled effect.

Yeah I'm not getting either to work, as a regular effect or a side chaining instrument.

Got this figured out. There needs to be a region with a midi note on the side chaining instrument track.

The term "MIDI controlled effect" makes sense now! I was still treating it like a normal AU effect, expecting the audio to go through.

Thanks for the replies. :)

Return to “KV331 Audio”