Some initial observations

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there, I'm new to Synthmaster and really appreciate what it has to offer: versatile synthesis algorithms in conjunction with user imported waveforms (yay!), especially the spectral hi-cut tone control, that one is a brilliant idea!

So, few points that are bit funny for a new user:

. If you turn the Wave1:Volume down in Additive mode and switch to Basic or Wavetable mode, that parameter will still be affecting the volume of the oscillator.

. Modulators' PM (phase modulation) does not work simultaneously with Algorithms “Bend” “Sync” and “Pulse1” modes. (I guess those use phase distortion kinda stuff which doesn’t play well with phase modulation?)

. Pulse and Noise waveforms are actually algorithms that override whatever setting you have at the Algorithm menu. I wish at least the Phase knob label could indicates that behaviour (why not just rename it to PWM like the Algorithm modes do!)

. Again the Phase parameter could use a better documentation, the manual doesn’t mention at all that in effect, it’s the main parameter responsible for the several Algorithm modes.

. In Additive mode there aren't any UI knobs for the Phase parameter, which is a real shame for an 8-oscillator multi-algorithm monster to be only reach-able through mod matrix.

Anyway I'm happy with Synthmaster as it is right now, however I can imagine people wanting to tweak his own patch would have some trouble with the comfusing system at start.

Return to “KV331 Audio”