Problems with 2.8

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Damn I'm getting crashes too, Cubase 8.5 64bit... Does anyone know where we can download 2.7?

To e-musician, try this:

Make sure that Cubase is completely closed, then go to the following path:
C:\Users\<Your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase <Your Cubase Version>\

Open the following file in a text editor:
Vst2xBlacklist Cubase.xml

Delete all entries relating to Synthmaster (delete the entire entry, from the <obj class="FNPath" ID="xxxxxx"> to the </obj>)

Then try load up Cubase again and see if you can see the plugin now.

Hello jezjez,

thanks for your advice, this is (almost) exactly what I did now. First I deleted all the folders relating to Synthmaster (in other words: I manually uninstalled SM), then I re-installed SM 2.8.3 again.

Standalone version worked (as it had done before), then I opened Cubase. Still Synthmaster was not in the plug-ins list. I closed Cubase and then completely deleted the blacklist file that you mentioned (Cubase generates a new one with the next start).

Opened Cubase again, and there it was: SM 2.8 as a plug-in to be loaded! And it seems to work (don't know and not sure about the other bugs that are mentioned here, haven't checked that yet).

To cut a long story short: the Cubase blacklist seems to be the root of that problem and deleting the file the key to its solution.

Have you tried to contact KV331 asking them to send the 2.7 exe file to you so you could use SM until they have sorted out the "SM crashing VST hosts problem"?

Awesome, glad to hear it works now. Actually I also uninstalled completely and reinstalled and now it seems to be working fine! So I'm not sure if maybe I installed the wrong version (full version instead of update) or if maybe there is something wrong with updating but thankfully all seems good for now, old projects load fine and everything.

Nope my mistake, it was working fine yesterday but today when I try to open my project it crashes. Uninstalling Sythmaster fixed it and I can now open my project, of course with no Synthmaster however...

Ditto with Synthmaster 2.8.3 in Studio One.
Very irritating, as is the lack of response.

After updating to 2.8 and 2.8.4 Bigtone preset BT 70s two note fx has no sound!!! I have tried several times re installing it! Maybe some other presets are gone also! Any help?

Thank you

I bought Synthmaster 2.8 second hand on KVR marketplace.
I received license code from kvr support on my e-mail and installed new version of synthmaster 2.8 - it's okey

but when i open plugin (Synthmaster 2.8 ) in my DAW (Logic Pro 9) - i see UI bugs (the fonts of Synthmaster is garbled/merged (other vst fonts is okey)

where can i find old version of Synthmaster 2.7 ?

//screen attached
Last edited by forestrip on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just updated to Windows 10 and now have the empty matrix as shown above as well.

how to solve the problem with an empty matrix and distorted fonts?

At the top of the matrix area, click on "automatic" and change it to "none", or one of the other selections.

I don't see the font problem in your pic. Maybe I'm blind.
Studio One 3.5.6 Pro
Win 7 x64
Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz
Behringer UMC404HD
No talent.

Fonts are merged - in the screenshot it's hard to see - but it's true

Thanks redplum. Switching the option to 'none' did it.

Any ideas or workarounds for the sustain pedal leaving notes hanging?

Figured out a workaround. I decided to do some investigating and figured out it is when I use my Yamaha FC3 sustain pedal. As soon as I use the pedal, notes sustain until I switch to a different patch or hit the panic button. The FC3 sends out extra data for half-damper. Could that be effecting things? I tried a different pedal and it was much better.

Return to “KV331 Audio”