Possible new user, many questions, support being slow and unhelpful

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm currently heavily interested in SynthMaster... I tried to contact the dev (Bülent) directly, but he never responded via KVR (PM), I sent in a mail via the support yet never got a response. Now that there is a sale going on, I once more contacted the company with a lot of questions, only to be shrugged off with a "we're having a sale - wait for the updates" and totally ignoring the questions at hand (support mail sent in 18th Nov, answer by the support on 22nd, re-asked the questions 1 hour later, I've yet to get an answer to that).

This is a bit frustrating to be honest. I know that Turkish people are usually very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Guess no support these days gives anything about their customers. I have three other companies I recently contacted with account issues/severe bugs as paying customer - no response. Not good IMO.

Anyway - this is where I hope that the community can help out. Maybe they do know the same as the devs know, and can help faster. So any answer to my questions are appreciated.

Let's kick off with the currently most important Q for me:

Q1: KVR Audio Community Presets
SynthMaster was features on a lot of OSC's (One Synth Challenge) in recent years. The last OSC with SynthMaster offered users a 1-month-unlimited-use license. On top of that, since SynthMaster Player was allowed in the challenge, there was a Community Soundset created and activated for every SynthMaster model.

The thing is... I can't find it anymore. The link has vanished from KVR (leads to a dead end), and the KV331 page doesn't list it anymore either (in fact, I find half of the page super confusing). As if it has never existed.

Somebody has a lead to it?
And if so, does i even work with the Player?

Additional to that, I read that some of the Expansions don't work with the Player? Huh?!

Q2: Player or Full Version?
I admit, I'm not a sound wizard, but I'd at least love to have a tad more control over my sound than what the "presets" give me. SynthMaster is also considered a huge competition to the likes of Massive, Spire and Zebra. Especially with custom OSC loading (WAV samples, don't know if images work as well now). So chances are I have an idea for a sound, I want to drop a WAV as "wavetable" and then go from there - the Player wouldn't offer that for me obviously.

So what should I shoot for? Being more flexible with the full version, or use the Player and be happy what I can get sound design wise with upgrade packs?

Q3: What is SynthMaster One?
I didn't read ANYTHING about that as of yet. But it was mentioned in my newsletter mail I got the other day. "Purchase our Everything bundle and you get SynthMaster3 and SynthMaster One once they're out".

Q4: No upgrade path for SynthMaster 3?
There have been a lot of sales going on in recent weeks, so I take it that SynthMaster 3 is on the front porch already. But I take it there is no Grace Period for people that will jump on the current sale? Only for the new Everything Bundle users?

Q5: Upgrade Voucher for the Player:
As of this moment, there is an upgrade voucher with 40% off (if I read that correctly) to jump from the Player to the next highest full version (Factory). But is that deal-bound, meaning the discount vanishes post "Black Friday"/Cyber Monday?

So yeah... those are the 5 most pressing questions for me as of this moment. It would be nice if "someone" could answer that. The support seems to be a lost cause currently (don't know if it's the current season or something).

Thanks in advance
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

compyfox- - I would say definitely go with the full version. I have both, but in truth, almost never use the Player which only gives you limited control over about 8 parameters via the control knobs, which are also in the full version. It's listed right here for a mere $49 with the Black Friday price, which in my mind is a steal for such a full featured and fantastic sounding synth. I don't use the sample loading thing at all- sampling is just not my thing- but you have hundreds of oscillator waveforms from scores of famous synths, its filters are really organic sounding with a huge number of filter and oscillator types. It's be easy to go and on, but there are lots of reviews out there that extol the synth as much as I do.

This is why I was asking the Player vs Full version thing, cause I am considering the deal.

But this leaves all other questions in the room as well, as they are all somewhat connected at this point.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

So no user can answer me the upper stated questions?

At least tell me where the SynthMaster KVR OSC SoundSet vanished to?
Thanks

Obviously neither the developer nor the user base is helpful (read: support is awful)

So tell me - why should I invest in this company if not even SIMPLE QUESTIONS are answered via the forum or via mail. I'm not on Facebook, and Twitter is being ignored as well.

Nobody bothers to post or respond here as the support is truly the worst I have ever come across. In fact it would be better to close this forum altogether as it really shows the developer up. Yes I am sure he is a nice guy and a small independent dev etc, there are many of these who don't have issues like this. Yes it is a nice sounding synth but if you have an issue don't expect a response. If you really want my advice look elsewhere UHE etc. More money but a much better experience.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I agree with woodsenis on this one- U-he's forum has a very active user base, very knowledgeable and responsive, including Urs and Howard constantly contributing and answering queries. KV331 say that they look at their Facebook page more often, but not sure on that one either. There's been a lot of revisions that have gone out with not enough testing either as problems stated on this forum have shown. Too bad as I totally love and use the synth all of the time and it's the only one I have that I feel compares with Zebra's might and diversity.

I wouldn't say anything at all if the official contacts would even properly respond. The only response I got was "yeah, we're having a sale, please wait for it" and that's it. No questions were answered.

On this forum here alone it's written "contact us via the official route", and that route is insufficient, now rockmachine says "they're looking a lot on their Facebook page", but even that is insufficiently handled (not to mention that I don't have/don't really "get" Facebook). So no, that is not a good poster child IMO. Reminds me a bit of Sknote that say "contact Support", which links to a sub-forum on KVR Audio, yet the developer ignored questions there and clearly said on another forum "KVR Audio is not a support forum, I want to close it eventually". And adding even more to insult, mail contact was just as insufficient... (not that it matters now, I am now officially refused of support in any form - but hey, I can still sign up to their "customer beta forum")

In the end I did not invest ANYTHING. Not 9USD to get the Player, not 44USD for the Factory version with the Black Friday sale.

- purchasing via PayPal is not possible unless you search the KVR Forum and find a PHP code add on that "unlocks" the button (smart!)
- I did find the so called "KVR OSC community patches" for the Player in one of the "One Synth Challenge" threads, which is linked to the developer page (you need to log in and provide your serial) - why not make it public?!
- the "Factory/Full" version of these presets have vanished (link leads to 404)

Then add to that the announcement with the "Black Friday" sale, that there is SynthMaster 3 on front doors, and "Synthmaster One", yet only a close circle seems to know about this and doesn't share info of course (or even read in here!).

This is... disappointing...

Compyfox wrote:I'm currently heavily interested in SynthMaster... I tried to contact the dev (Bülent) directly, but he never responded via KVR (PM), I sent in a mail via the support yet never got a response. Now that there is a sale going on, I once more contacted the company with a lot of questions, only to be shrugged off with a "we're having a sale - wait for the updates" and totally ignoring the questions at hand (support mail sent in 18th Nov, answer by the support on 22nd, re-asked the questions 1 hour later, I've yet to get an answer to that).
Hi Roland,

I rarely check my private messages on KVR. I'm really busy with new development so our first level support goes through Gercek. When he replied to you what was the issue number ? The issue has never reached me.

FYI: We are currently answering hundreds of questions each day.

I searched through the database, and found your question.

"I am however interested in acquiring the KVR Community Preset package that was once created with the One Synth Challenge. But I can't find it on your page anymore. Where can I get that? And can I even load it in the Player?"

Do you mean the KVR OSC Challenge preset bank? It's STILL on our web site, if you look carefully you'll see it:

http://www.synthmaster.com/downloadexpansions.aspx

FYI: We reply to at least 50 questions each day so maybe that's why Gercek gave you a short answer instead of forwarding the issue to me.
Compyfox wrote: Q2: Player or Full Version?
I admit, I'm not a sound wizard, but I'd at least love to have a tad more control over my sound than what the "presets" give me. SynthMaster is also considered a huge competition to the likes of Massive, Spire and Zebra. Especially with custom OSC loading (WAV samples, don't know if images work as well now). So chances are I have an idea for a sound, I want to drop a WAV as "wavetable" and then go from there - the Player wouldn't offer that for me obviously.

So what should I shoot for? Being more flexible with the full version, or use the Player and be happy what I can get sound design wise with upgrade packs?
Well, that's up to you. But there's an upgrade path from Player to regular SynthMaster:

http://www.synthmaster.com/purchase.asp ... YERUPGRADE (this coupon only works for users who have license for the Player)
Compyfox wrote: I didn't read ANYTHING about that as of yet. But it was mentioned in my newsletter mail I got the other day. "Purchase our Everything bundle and you get SynthMaster3 and SynthMaster One once they're out".
Please follow us on Facebook, we make many posts regarding SynthMaster One.
Compyfox wrote: There have been a lot of sales going on in recent weeks, so I take it that SynthMaster 3 is on the front porch already. But I take it there is no Grace Period for people that will jump on the current sale? Only for the new Everything Bundle users?
What did you come to that conclusion??? SynthMaster 3 upgrade for existing SynthMaster users will be $29. For everything bundle owners it's free.
Compyfox wrote: As of this moment, there is an upgrade voucher with 40% off (if I read that correctly) to jump from the Player to the next highest full version (Factory). But is that deal-bound, meaning the discount vanishes post "Black Friday"/Cyber Monday?
During sale periods that discount rate decreases. Right now the discount from Player to SynthMaster is 25% OFF
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”