Chord trigger plugin from a root note + another note determining type of chord

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I’ve been playing a bit with the chord trigger MIDI plugin in Logic and I’m wondering now if there is anything out there available for Mac that will trigger chords from when two MIDI notes are played the first one would determine the tonic/root-note and then a second to determine the type of chord (major, minor, sus2, sus4, etc etc for as many chords as you can possibly think of). Then I could just bash away and play with all different combinations of chords really easily.

I haven't delved too deeply into Logic, but aside from the two note method, doesn't it accomplish that exact effect?

You might have to spread it across the octaves, but you could have a C on C1, Cm on C2, etc.

But as far as what you're asking for, I would check out Max4Live devices if you have Ableton. It probably wouldn't be too hard to knock out if you could find someone to contract it out for you.
:D

I just discovered the scripter plugin so I think I can use that to implement what I want. My JavaScript skills are just about up to scratch, I think.

Return to “Music Theory”