FREE V-amps and Bass-V-amps vst controllers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT

I updtaed the file to v.2.0

I didn't updtaed the page on my website, because I'd like to have some feedback before, just to be sure everything is ok.

Http://mokafix.chez-alice.fr/vst/divers ... .part1.rar
Http://mokafix.chez-alice.fr/vst/divers ... .part2.rar

The delay time knob has been enhanced: you can hold shift while draging it to have a finer tuning.
You can also edit the bpm or ms values by clicking on them.
The host sync works fine, and is directly linked to the knob and bpm/ms values. they all control the same thing, so it's much better than it used to be.

There's also support for v-amp pro and v-ampire now (mostly GUI specificities, as the features are almost the same : v-am pro and v-ampire have different modes than v-amp2, and v-am pro has a digital out.)

This is not a new vst amp!
This is just a vst "driver" for behringer v-amp.

I post this in effects, as v-amp's are effects, but it loads as an instrument inside host.

I did that this week end, cause i don't like to use my v-amp2 with the official software, and i think that the hardware doesn't let you do what you want in an intuitive way :

If some people own a v-amp, you can try it and tell me if you find any problem.

My v-amp is 2.1.1.

Does anyone know if in more recent eprom updates the problem of cc19 and cc61 has been solved? (the problem is that even with cc61, - amp change w/o cabinet change - cabinet does change...)

have fun,

Efflam

edit

here is V-ampCS (from ideas given on that thread):

Just click a number to see the list.

amp and effect choice knobs are stepped;
They are a bit useless, as they go only from 0 to 15...

You can download Them here:
http://mokafix.chez-alice.fr
Last edited by Mokafix on Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Downloading Thanks.
Will play and have feedback later today.

coooooooool :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

so what is this thing?
can you use it as vst insert in as many tracks you like
e.g like an ampsim?
Whats the purpose of it?
I'm asking cause I'm thinking og buying a v-amp2 and I'd really like to know about it

demetrisag wrote:so what is this thing?
can you use it as vst insert in as many tracks you like
e.g like an ampsim?
Whats the purpose of it?
I'm asking cause I'm thinking og buying a v-amp2 and I'd really like to know about it
V-amp2 is hardware (as you know), and accept midi in and out.

You can download a free software on their site to control it.
But it's not very user friendly nor fancy :D
And it's not vst.

the purpose of that thing is to let you control it from your vst host, with a nice GUI that reflects how it works better than the software or the hardware interfaces.

example :

on the hardware, you can't make a patch with autowah + delay + tremolo, because effects are pre-grouped. Here you can. (you also can on software controller, but mine is much funnier to look at...)

And of course, if you make a song in your host, you can make a midi track that will drive th v-amp.
I'll add full automation for that. now it only has midi automation.

you won't put it on several tracks, as it'd be useless.

I'll maybe add options for v-amp pro later, but i think most people have just the v-amp2.

thank you for the information my friend!
I was now wondering can you re-amp or anything like that with V-amp or you'll have to choose the sound you like and record it staigh away?
and was as well wondering now how does V-amp2 sounds comparing to all the ampsims? and as well the real thing?

Thanks a lot again

OK,

I'm a V-Amp 2 owner, and I will be using this, as soon as I can find a non-dodgy .rar extractor that works well. Or, please compress to a .zip and re-post.

Thanks in advance. I've never liked having to have a separate control software open for my V-Amp - this will work nicely as a UI for the V-Amp.

One thing I've never liked with the V-Control software is that it required a full midi connection, instead of just my card's midi out to the V-amp midi in, I had to make a loop.

How about your V-st-Amp software - needs the same or not?

-Scott

Hey, nice :-)
If it's not too much work, could you add support for the vamp pro, as this is what I have?

thank you for the information my friend!
I was now wondering can you re-amp or anything like that with V-amp or you'll have to choose the sound you like and record it staigh away?
and was as well wondering now how does V-amp2 sounds comparing to all the ampsims? and as well the real thing?
i'm not a guitar pro, so i can't compare it to real amps, but i think it's so cheap that you can't be desapointed.

v-amp isn't plugin, so you can't re-amp as you would with a vst amp effect.

To do so, you would need to record your guitar track on computer, in host. then, you output the guitar track to the output you want on your soundcard, and plug that output to the v-amp. that way, the guitar track is recorded raw, and you can re-amp it as you would with any plug. when you're satisfied, you plug v-amp out to sound card input and record. I guess it should work.

con's : less handy than software, as you need to plug, unplug things, and you can looses quality with audiocard;

pros : 32 amps,15 cabs (there's no software with so much amp sims), and external process, so no cpu consumption. and if you want more effects, then you can add vsts! after raw guitar track for pre effects, after final output for post effects.

How about your V-st-Amp software - needs the same or not?
depends on what you want : if you only want to control the v-amp with the plug, then you only need v-amp's input to be plugged. if you want the plug to change as you turn knobs on hardware device, then you need the output too.
If it's not too much work, could you add support for the vamp pro, as this is what I have?
I probably will. it's only a few more midi signals, and GUI components.
what's more on pro?
samplerate choice, input level, anything else?

anyway, this one can drive pro version, as they respond to the same midi signals.

Mokafx,

I just plan, for the time being, on using your software to control the wah effect so that it's tempo synced in a way. I really hope to have fun with this plugin. I might actually wire up my V-amp permanently now that you've given a way to control it easily from inside my host. I still need to try it out.

-Scott

will try this. Thank you VERY much.

Looks very cool. I wasn't aware this was even possible to create a VST version of the V-amp2 software.

Damn, I was gonna sell my guitar, and my v-amp2 if it'd been in proper condition, and then you go and make something really cool like this.

Hey, this got me thinking.....

Does anyone use their V-Amp strictly as a midi controller for soft-synths?

It's got several rotary encoders on-board and midi capable.

Anyone?

-Scott

Armadillo wrote:Looks very cool. I wasn't aware this was even possible to create a VST version of the V-amp2 software.

Damn, I was gonna sell my guitar, and my v-amp2 if it'd been in proper condition, and then you go and make something really cool like this.
Armadillo,

I believe that this software just let's you control the midi controllable functions of the V-amp. I don't believe it's the internal software of the V-Amp itself.

-Scott

rockstar_not wrote:
Armadillo wrote:Looks very cool. I wasn't aware this was even possible to create a VST version of the V-amp2 software.

Armadillo,

I believe that this software just let's you control the midi controllable functions of the V-amp. I don't believe it's the internal software of the V-Amp itself.

-Scott
Yeah it's just a GUI that lets you control Vamp2 from a VST host (very handy)

Return to “Effects”