New Rhino waveforms & bank

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hehehehe, it's posting time again... I know you've all been waiting for brand new sounds for Rhino... so we've cooked up a bank named "electroloops", that shows off the rhythmic envelope features of Rhino. The bank uses a set of additional waveforms, also available for download at our site... what are you waiting for ? get'it....

'Tick

I'm waiting for the workday on the west coast of North America to come to an end. Sigh. It'll be a while still. :cry:

thanks for the new bank 'Tick :) (and all who contributed)
the loops sound soooo good...

Hi 'Tick,

Thanks for the update and the new bank. Excellent stuff.

I have a little problem with the new waves I think. When I use it in Massiva, it doesn't seem to be picking them up. For example I think there is a preset called "three octave strings" or something towards the end. This is silent when I use it in massiva, although it works if I go into each oscillator and select "analogish" again. (n.b. works ok in FLStudio).

I'm assuming I ought to put the addon pack into the waves folder?

Should I report this to Jorgen / would you mind taking a look? The version I'm using is strictly speaking a beta, but it's usually ok with most stuff (http://webmassiva.com/beta/)

Thanks, and keep the tutorials coming...

Steve T
I'm a nasty piece of work, chief, ask anybody

Steve,

it's probably unrelated to the new waveset, since the "analogish" wave was part of the first (rhino.vfs) file.
You should put the addon1.vfs file right next to the rhino.vfs file, in the waves directory.
Hope this helps,
'Tick

Curiouser and Curiouser...

Oops, got the patch name wrong - the one which was silent is "octaves synth choirs". In the comments for this one, it says it uses 2 of the new waveforms. I've put the addon in the waves folder but it doesn't pick it up I don't think.

If I go to that preset, it doesn't sound, but displays "analogish" on oscs 1-3 but doesn't display a waveform. If I try to select the waveforms from the menu, both sine and analogish seem to be ticked (?)

Any ideas? It doesn't sound in FLStudio now either, although I think (?) I had it sounding there earlier.

Presumably I should be able to see the new waveforms in that list too? I don't think they are there...

Steve T

Hmmm. Have you extracted the new .vfs file directly into the waves subdirectory ? You should have 2 files there, rhino.vfs and addon1.vfs. Make sure addon1.vfs is not in another subdirectory...
'Tick

I figured out my problems with not picking up the new waves. Basically it's because I have 3 VST folders. Why? I don't really know :)

I had a look in the registry and it looks like some of the registry paths for Rhino were looking in my massiva plugs directory and some were looking at my cakewalk one. I had forgotten to copy the addon waves over to the cakewalk rhino waves folder :roll:

Works fine now :)

Steve T

Return to “Big Tick”