Anyone tried NI's Massive yet? What do you think?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone tried NI's Massive yet? What do you think?

I'm interested, but want to see what people have to say about their experience with it. Thanks

I don't think it's released yet. there'll be a demo, so you can decide for yourself.

Thanks Bluedad -- Sweetwater says it's instock and shipping - I was wondering if there were any pioneers with comments.

Yeah, NI start shipping the new stuff tomorrow..

I am curious as well. It sounds allot like reaktor to me when listening to the demos. I am not sure I see the value of the price tag on that one. I am also very curious about the FM8 or what ever it is called. The demos for that sound verry nice, but the price for that is going to hit at almost 400CAN bucks. And that also seems a bit crazy.

im so curious about absynth, how's cpu , if the gui this time "suits" its functionality . Sure it will be demos?
Last edited by insane on Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike goodwin wrote:I am curious as well. It sounds allot like reaktor to me when listening to the demos. I am not sure I see the value of the price tag on that one. I am also very curious about the FM8 or what ever it is called. The demos for that sound verry nice, but the price for that is going to hit at almost 400CAN bucks. And that also seems a bit crazy.
NI stuff is all overpriced - on a single product basis. Purchase them in bulk (Komplete) and they are VERY reasonable.

zircon wrote: NI stuff is all overpriced - on a single product basis. Purchase them in bulk (Komplete) and they are VERY reasonable.
I completely agree. Komplete is such a great deal... I got Komplete 3 for $599 a month ago through musiciansfriend.com and love every instrument. When I was purchasing Komplete, I was curious and took all the bundles applications and priced it out individually.... Even with the discount of musiciansfriend, it was still around $4000!!!! A l,ot of people rip on the price of their stuff but I pretty much at least a few programs (Guitar rig 2, FM7, Battery 2, etc) in every song, so there justifies the cost (as long as you buy the bundle! :D ).

Saying that something sounds like Reaktor is a bit vague since Reaktor can sound like pretty much anything (from a standard synth to an IDM beatbox). I am actually very curious about massive because the GUI looks fantastic and easy to use.

...I have read a test about Massive in the latest issue of Sound & Recording in which its capabilities are described very precisely. It seems to be a very sophisticated synth indeed, but I'm curious about its stability and CPU load...

bluedad wrote:I don't think it's released yet. there'll be a demo, so you can decide for yourself.
It's out in quite a few places, Gary.

Personally, I love it. For my rundown on Massive's features, etc; see this thread.

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:
bluedad wrote:I don't think it's released yet. there'll be a demo, so you can decide for yourself.
It's out in quite a few places, Gary.

ew
where?

loachm wrote:...I have read a test about Massive in the latest issue of Sound & Recording in which its capabilities are described very precisely. It seems to be a very sophisticated synth indeed, but I'm curious about its stability and CPU load...
It's been extremely stable on my system.

CPU load is high, though. There's two choices for quality- low and high (a medium option will be in a future update) and it can be either a global quality setting or per patch. 16 voices in low quality average about 30% on my 3500+. High quality will double that.

ew
A spectral heretic...

I bought my copy from audiomidi.com, they had it in stock last week. Haven't looked at their site since then though.

I haven't had any stability problems either. The CPU load is high as ew mentioned, especially with all the features in use.

The GUI is really excellent, one of the best I've ever used.

As a whole it has pretty much gone straight to the top of my favorite plugins list, though of course I'm still in the shiny newness phase.

Return to “Instruments”