(post metal style) Blue Skies (now with vocals!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Prior post below...

An update to my song which was previously entitled "Progression". It is now called Blue Skies, and the current mp3 has some differences to the last version. Tomorrow I want to try and record some vocals for it, I have some lyrics written, just need to try and do vocals - although I'm not a vocalist, I still want to give it a go.

addition: I did some vocal ideas and threw one of them in here. Not sure what to make of it yet, but f**k it. Experimentation right!

Blue Skies
Blue Skies - VOX take 1

Ok, here's the thing.. the things I'm working on currently are kind of experiments, I'm not sure if many of the ideas I am uploading lately will bear any fruit, but its been fun so far just experimenting.

I'm going for a kind of post metal - Cult of Luna, ISIS, Nuerosis, that sorta stuff.

Of course I don't want to just homage the genre, I want to compose my own variety.. and experimenting is the way to get there.
Last edited by Amberience on Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

The structure seems fine for the most part. The intro reminded me a lot of Lacuna Coil for some reason. I would definitely find a way to bring the intro progression back but with something else added because it seems like the strongest/most-memorable part.

The intonation on the melody gets kinda squirrely to my ears but I think the idea is there, just needs some woodshed time to get it all tight.

It loses steam when it breaks down to just one instrument at the end, but I think you already know that and are still feeling your way through the functions of the parts you have (?). Anyway, lots of potential there to develop, imo.

Yeah its still developing, I only let it go down to just the bass to let people hear the tone, but it wouldn't do that in the full version.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Bump.

Very nice work Amberience.

Definitly had hints of ISIS. I liked the bass tone, it was nice to the ears.

I guess I'm still developing, but I think all of these bands proclaiming or being proclaimed to be post-metal have hints of ISIS.

I think I have an advantage where by I don't just listen to metal. I listen to loads of different kinds of music, and that has some way of affecting my compositions.

Defintily. ISIS inspired a lot of bands.

I'm a dynamic listener as well, I produce a lot of dance, but I'm also into a LOT of metal, grind, hardcore, and punk. And yea, I've got a good amount of alternative rock chart toppers in my mp3 collection :D

btw: The guitar and bass tones were Izotope Trash. Been rinsing that program just lately.

The new take is nice, too. I like the chord stabs in contrast with the first part.

Hey everyone, would appreciate some further comments on the 3rd version :)

This is really coming along. I like the new stuff added to it. It makes a good contrast. I think you're at a point where you ought to start picking out accents in the drums and marry them up more with the guitars since it's kind of an even groove in a lot of it. That first progression is starting to really grow on me. It's very ripe for melody as even I, a terrible singer, was able to hum some decent stuff over it.

I think I'm gonna try and sing something over it, not sure what or if I'll be any good, but I'll at least try :)

progression3 is excellent Amberience, really solid,
song ready, like the minor down, the chop ups
the change starting at 3.27 with the added git and the breakdown at 3.51...gold
with vox and a little busier drummer this is a bullet
enJoyed!!!

Thanks man. :)

*bump*

I know, close to being a whore now with this bump, but oh well...

It's now called Blue Skies, and I have some lyrics in mind. I also have given it a little spit and polish, the levels are a bit nicer and the new bass tone is lovely, but of course I would say that ;)

Blue Skies

Would appreciate any comments from those in the know and those new to the track. I kind of know what's right with it, anything severely wrong with it though??

Return to “Music Cafe”