I love this company!

Official support for: precisionsound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ask and you shall receive (apparently) or I'm on the same wavelength as you guys.

Kinder Xylophon

Awesome!!!!

Can't wait. Now I just have to get off my lazy bum and order Monzter Guitars 2 (after emailing for my discount of course.)

The best company I've bought samplesets from imho :tu:
No need to own hundreds of synths here, only two are enough d(*O*)b

Ah. Does any of you own the celtic whistles? Can you effectively create a duo of whistles without phasing? That would just require different samples of the same instrument playing simultaneously. It's such a powerful effect (Having 2 same instruments playing same notes simultaneously). Too bad I can't find a sample library that takes advantage of this.

And to explain what I mean more clearly. Just imagine trying to make two flutes playing the same notes at the same time. Unless you are playing flutes from different sample libraries, chances are you'll get a phasing effect which is caused by two of the same samples playing simultaneously.

I mean the celtic whistles, I hear it comes with like 3 whistles so that should be sufficient to get the right effect even if they aren't the EXACT same instrument. I've gotten this effect using totally differen instruments anyway. Also, the bolivian flutes have "many velocity layers" so using slightly different velocity layers should also get the right effect.
Last edited by Architeuthis on Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'm going to love this company in the future because everytime I listened to a demo I was like, "Hmm, naa, give me something like THIS! Something that really demonstrates how I would use the instrument!" And then the next demo would blow me away. You know what that means, don't you? It means the company and I are meant for each other. As soon as I buy Kontakt, I'm coming here for my musical needs. Plus, the instruments they provide fill the void where no other company does. Only thing is I don't know where to get a powerful cathedral organ. I really need one of ems. Kontakt probably comes with a good one.

If you get kontakt, you get a nice cathedral organ with it in 5.1.
There are also some organs with PMI.

I love these precisionsound instruments. They all sound great! I pick up something pretty much every sale.

steve

Architeuthis wrote:Ah. Does any of you own the celtic whistles? Can you effectively create a duo of whistles without phasing? That would just require different samples of the same instrument playing simultaneously. It's such a powerful effect (Having 2 same instruments playing same notes simultaneously). Too bad I can't find a sample library that takes advantage of this.
I can't answer you from memory, since I've never tried this, but I'll try it tonight (or tomorrow) and see what happens.

Thank you for all kind words!
We are always trying to do our best and offer great stuff for your sampler and we are putting lots of time and efforts to do every single release from ours as genuine and well done as possible down to the simplest instrument, like our upcoming "Kinder Xylophone" for example... :)

About the Celtic whistles;
Yes its 3 different flutes with different notes sampled so,, let's rock... :)

Best,

Lars

Joseph Burrell wrote:
Architeuthis wrote:Ah. Does any of you own the celtic whistles? Can you effectively create a duo of whistles without phasing? That would just require different samples of the same instrument playing simultaneously. It's such a powerful effect (Having 2 same instruments playing same notes simultaneously). Too bad I can't find a sample library that takes advantage of this.
I can't answer you from memory, since I've never tried this, but I'll try it tonight (or tomorrow) and see what happens.
Well it's been two months, you got a little demo yet? :lol:

i love your samples ;)
any chance for more freeware packs ?
thank you.

Hello "wakax" (I got your private message, will answer later...)
Precisionsound will release a freebie in time for Christmas... :)
Lars

Return to “Precisionsound”