lovin' minimonsta- programming tutes?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just been toying with my minimonsta a lot lately (since ive been out of work, time to actually use a program i bought a while ago!), went through the presets and wow theres a whole lot of programming potential that somehow I can't reach on my own, anyone know where I could find some tutes on setting up my own sounds? I mean sure I can create mostly like moogy 70's leads, but the pads and all that it comes with- wow. i mean i want minimonsta to be my only go to for VA synth, and I feel like just from tweaking around I can get more sounds out of say synth1. am i going nuts, or is minimonsta just not able to go "as far"?

pls help me figure this baby out! preferably online free tutes or anything, i tried to google stuff but came up with "minimonsta reviews" and stuff...

RonC

general knowledge tha might help, good read anyhow:

synth secrets:

http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/csound/synth_secret.html

Strangely enough, there are numerous movie tutorials on the installer disk in the extras folder. Good luck with the Monsta, Ron!

mikebeck wrote:Strangely enough, there are numerous movie tutorials on the installer disk in the extras folder. Good luck with the Monsta, Ron!
No fair! I ordered direct from Gmedia. No cool movies or anything for me.

Where did I put those pitchforks and torches?

heh i know i watched the movies, thats just to set up LFO's... i got all that, i think its more of the basic "this osc mixed with this will produce that" kind of thing, but i dont want to take some boring course on it... it just seems that I dont see how it works together, mixing the osc's and how to get like say a PAD sound instead of traditional moogy leads, thats all I can feel like I can program into here, not like "bells" or sounds that I could create in synth1... is minimonsta "versatile" enough for what im talking about???

RoNC

I didn't even know you could buy an electronic-only version! Hmmph.
Ron: maybe try the free ZooZither patches and see how they're set up. Very nice stuff. I'm no expert at MiniMonsta, and I'm not even using the GMedia synths right now because I'm anxiously waiting for the Universal Binary versions that will run on my Intel Mac.
Oh, here's a link for the ZooZither stuff:
http://www.zoozither.com/patches.htm

btw also i tried to register and it says i have an improper key or something-- are there any updates from 1.01 from my disc ver?

maybe like cpu optimization? *crosses fingers*

RonC

Return to “Instruments”