Merry Christmas Gift from Simple Media

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

P.T. wrote:This does sound very good. Thank you.

A suggestion though.

When a stringed instrument player removes pressure from the fretting fingers, the notes stop. This is how you control the note lengths.

In a piano roll the note off event is equivelent to stopping the note by releasing pressure from the fretting finger. So, I think the synth needs to respond to note off events and stop playing the note at that point.

A release control could be added so that a user could also have the synth play the way it does now with a long release.

Actually, I would be very happy with the addition of a regular ADSR along with note off response as it would add a lot of versatility to the synth.

As it stands I most likely would not use this much which is a shame as it does sound very good.

Anyway, thank you and have a happy holiday.
An envelope is already used with the impulse, but could not use a full on ADSR for this as sustained notes drive the resonant part of the model far to hard. Maybe, as I discussed in another post, I could implement a prtial envelope to control the damping/feedback of the resonant part of the model to give the kind of play control you refer to. Possible feature for the next version... Shame you won't use it as it stands though as I am sure it still has a lot of potential.
Have a better one - Saul Cross :-)

What about responding to note off so that the note stops when the key is released?

P.T. wrote:What about responding to note off so that the note stops when the key is released?
Note off is already used with SEs envelope as the note on starts a gate signal from Midi to CV and the note off stops it, so just using another envelope would be the solution, but I am more concerned about additional CPU load than anything else.

Any body else using this, got any comments or any audio demos, would love to hear them...

I announced this through kvr, but it hasn't come through yet or been added to the database... ho hum...

Still not in the database :-(

Return to “Instruments”