Soundfont converter crashes every time

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was trying to convert some of my soundfonts to use in Maize Sampler, but every time I try, it crashes. It gives me the error dialog "Soundfont Converter has unexpectedly quit", the typical crash dialog in Windows.

I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition, 2GB of RAM.

Any ideas? Or any more information you might need? I have tried with multiple soundfonts, no larger then 25MB.

Brent
My host is better than your host

If possible, you can send me your sf2 file or give me a link for that. So I can start to find that bug.
E-mail: cxhawk[at]gmail.com

You can find one of the pianos here:

http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?t=550

The download link is in the first post there. I tried on a few different soundfonts, but that one was one of them.

Brent

It's OK here to convert NS_Piano. Did you select a root dir such as c:\ as the output directory?

No. I selected the desktop as the output directory.

Brent

Just download and install the latest 1.21 version and try again...

Ok, going to do that now!

EDIT: Your website seems to be down?

Ok, website is working now.

I downloaded the latest version, and it still crashes. I tried with nothing open, and also with my host open. Crashes every time.

The converter window says "Done" on the top of the window, but it crashes still. And it doesn't leave any converted files anywhere.

Brent

Ok, here's an update. It works when I leave the destination folder as just C:/ but if I put desktop or the My Documents folder or anything else, it crashes. Not a HUGE deal, but I'm sure you didn't mean it this way.

So it WORKS! Just only if I use the default destination.

Brent

Return to “Maizesoft”