Convo Boy bug - strange GUI when missing impulse file

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Convo Boy's GUI becomes corrupt and freezes when it can't find the impulse file. I am using version [edit] 5.00 with Traction2.

Here's the setup:

1. Load Convo Boy into a filter slot.
2. Load an impulse.
3. Save the T2 project and quit.

4. Move the impulse or rename the directory via Windows explorer.
5. Open the T2 project.
6. Select the Convo Boy filter.

What should appear is a corrupt and non-responsive GUI.

I can't find any workarounds for it other than removing Convo Boy and loading a new instance. I regularly rearrange my impulse files by types and applications (i.e. impulses for drum transients, acoustic guitar, etc.) so this bug is really bothersome.

Can the next version of Convo Boy have a dialog box that asks to locate the missing file instead?

Thanks in advance!

[edit] This same scenario crashes energyXT 1.4.1 as well.

Paul: any news or info on the future of Convo Boy?

Bennett wrote:Paul: any news or info on the future of Convo Boy?
Thanks for the input. In the most recent version of Convo Boy (and I need to check again), I thought I re-engineered the IR file path storage so that it is stored in the .ini file instead of the registry. You can check where you last stored the IR this way and even change the path in the ini file.

I have some plans for Convo Boy (I have a true stereo version in the oven) but with more than 8 products out now, I have to place it in the queue of things to do. The new UI was already a major effort.

I think a 1 year cycle time for updates is reasonable given that there are other things I wish to release.

Seasons Greetings

Paul

hello i have bough some of your product
how to see if i have the last version ?
and if not the last version how to download them ?

thanks

multisync_1 wrote:hello i have bough some of your product
how to see if i have the last version ?
and if not the last version how to download them ?

thanks
The version number is always shown on the About page. If you don't the lates version email Info at Elevayta.

thanks

Return to “Elevayta”